Dudes and dudettes, ya’ll got to stop what you’re doing and listen to some positive vibes. Not vibes to pass by the bar, but vibes on how your 2016 should be constructive by joining our Peer Educators Academy.
Here is how the academy works. Of the over 300 applications we recieve in a year, we only take on 50 young people.. These young lad then undergo an intensive training, spanning the length of a month in January where they receive knowledge and skill on SRHR, leadership and communication from experienced mentors for half a day, including pre-and post-tests to keep track of their progress. By the month’s end, they are ready and are duly rolled out to different schools and communities and organisations that Reach A Hand, Uganda partner with to put what they have learnt into action!
The benefits are really many, and here are seven that should inspire you to join the #PEA2017 edition.
- Expand your wings, Being a peer educator makes you fly, as in real flying. You get to meet our partners, friends and colleagues in our field with whom you can establish relationships, both business and personal. From these networks, future businesses, jobs, opportunities name it, can be established for career growth.
- Be the change you want to see: Our fellows get to make a mark as direct influencers of their homies, buddies and chill out zones. By being your buddies hero, you will be a champion improving the lives of your colleagues to stay in the line and live better lives in society. Through mentoring other youth in SRHR, they champion change and better living among their peers, and in line, better lives for the society.
- You get to be a leader: Okay we are not talking about being a class monitor or class representative. We’re talking about being given an opportunity to spearhead drives during the training, like focus group discussions. Chances are made even for all, and the skills gained are for all as well
- You’ll get mentored: Once you sign up, you will enjoy guided step by step training by those who are already equipped with SRHR knowledge and skill. This ensures that whatever you will learn from the academy is top notch, perfect for you to ably pass it on to others.
- Up your game with some dope knowleldge: In our Academy, you getThe academy provides a conducive environment to learn about various aspects like business, edutainment, media, politics and many more.
- Internship Opportunities: Fam, our Academy is a pool of young energetic and innovative human resource which our partners and other organizations are always willing to take in as staff after the one year fellowship.
- Fun, Thrill and Enjoyment: The academy believes that work and no play makes one a dull freak. As such we have picnics, retreats, barbecues and other relaxing events organised periodically to satisfy the young, vibrant and dynamic spirits of our trainees.
Ready to take up the challenge, all this comes at an affordable fee of UGX service fee 200,000. It will be hosted at Victoria University Kampala, and after the monthly training, one could commit to the programme for a full year. Do not limit your soul, join #PEA2017 today. Fill in the #PEA2017 APPLICATION FORM today and be part of the change.
“If you want to make the world a better place, take a look at yourself, and make that change”- Micheal Jackson