About the Role.
Restless Development is implementing an exciting project on climate-focusing on investigating the impact of Climate Change on the lives of young people in Karamoja and Jinja areas. Therefore we are looking for young people passionate about climate change and research to be part of this exciting work as young researchers.
As a Young Researcher, you will support the implementation of the project in the areas of Jinja and Karamoja and you will take the lead of the entire research cycle i.e. conduct data collection, participate in the analysis of findings, and reporting. Below are the specific roles and responsibilities;
- Attending foundation training for both the qualitative and quantitative research
- Mobilize respondents
- Carry out data collection as per the agreed-upon targets/deliverables
- Ensure high quality of data collected by cleaning it
- Carry out the transcription of collected data
- Participate in the analysis workshop
- Conduct validation exercises
- Ensure the safety of fellow researchers and the community members
Skills and Experience.
Restless Development invites applications from candidates who are able to demonstrate the following skills, knowledge, and experience:
- Passionate about research
- Passionate about climate change
- Understanding the local dialects in the areas of operation; Lusoga for Jinja area and Nga’karimojong for Karamoja area is a must.
- You must be a resident of either Jinja or Karamoja areas
- Aged between 18-25 years
- Commitment to learning