An advanced university degree (Master’s or Doctorate degree, or equivalent) in training, management, business administration, economics, international relations or a related field such as education or social sciences is required. A first-level degree (Bachelor’s degree or equivalent) in the specified fields of studies with two additional years of relevant work experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
A minimum of seven years of progressively responsible experience in the management of programmes for training design or delivery is required at least one year of experience in a multi-dimensional peacekeeping mission in either a military or police capacity is required. Supervisory experience of a small/mid-size team is desirable. Experience in managing a training institution is desirable. Experience in designing or delivering courses for mid-level military and police officers is desirable.
• Manage and coordinate the activities of the centre in accordance with training priorities and timelines provided by the Integrated Training Service, the Office of Military Affairs and the Police Division;
• Design and deliver training in accordance with the priorities of the Integrated Training Service;
• Provide support to the Signals Academy and other training entities in Entebbe which provide support to Member States and field missions;
• Participate in or provide support to Member State-led peacekeeping training exercises;
• Deploy to Member States and missions to provide training support or other training-related services;
• Coordinate the preparation and implementation of the training centre budget in accordance with the training plan, provide oversight and ensure that resources are allocated appropriately so that training is cost-effective and has the maximum operational impact;
• Manage and coordinate the work of all personnel including United Nations civilians (Professional and General Service staff), military and police training officers, as well as Member State training personnel who may from time to time work in the centre, to ensure that training and development activities are implemented in accordance with the Training of Trainers’ centre plan and established standards;
• Develop and implement an evaluation programme to enable the centre to report its training performance against benchmarks;
• Collaborate with other Entebbe Support Base and Regional Service Centre Entebbe functions to ensure that cross-cutting issues are incorporated into the design and development of training programmes. • Collaborate with Entebbe Support Base and Regional Service Centre Entebbe on all security matters related to training participants at the centre
• Coordinate monitoring and evaluation of training programmes to ensure application and transfer of learning;
• Manage performance and institute programmes to build the capacity of personnel within the centre to ensure that training programmes are delivered in accordance with standards;
• Coordinate the allocation and utilization of resources for the centre including managing the activities of third parties and vendors providing support to the execution of the work of the centre;
• Coordinate with the Member States to ensure the timely selection of training participants as well as Member State trainers who may be assigned from time to time at the centre;
• Ensure the establishment and maintenance of a database to track course participants, performance and expenditure to enable timely reporting to donors at agreed periods and, as requested;
• Manage changes to the scope, schedule and costs of the centre using appropriate verification techniques and perform risk management to minimize risks;
• Monitor project implementation at all stages, measure training project performance using appropriate tools and techniques and escalate implementation difficulties and recommended remedial actions to stakeholders, as needed;
• Create and maintain comprehensive training project documentation, prepare and review training project reports for the use of stakeholders at agreed periods and, as requested;
• Perform any other duties, as assigned.
Applications submitted via Fuzu have a 32% higher chance of getting shortlisted.