Applicants should be Ugandans holding an honor’s Bachelor’s Degree in either Transport and Logistics, or Fleet Management, or Public Administration, or Commerce, or Business Administration, or any other related field from a recognized University or Institution plus a minimum of a Postgraduate Diploma in any of the above field and specialized training in fleet management systems, from a recognized University or Institution.
Applicants should have a minimum of five (5) years of relevant working experience in fleet and transport management three (3) of which must have been gained at Senior Officer or Supervisory level in Government or from a reputable organization.
The incumbent will be responsible to the Manager Transport and Logistics for performing the following duties:-
1. Planning and monitoring servicing and repairing of all vehicles in KCCA in line with the administrative procedures.
2. Reviewing and monitoring the execution of contracts for the provision of fuel and repair services to KCCA in accordance with the provisions in the service level agreements and administrative guidelines.
3. Preparing cost estimates for budgeting and planning purposes and advising management on all matters pertaining to planning, budgeting, and monitoring of transport resources.
4. Initiating actions leading to procurement and monitoring of adequate insurance cover and licenses for all KCCA vehicles and motorcycles in accordance with the traffic and road safety Act and KCCA administrative guidelines.
5. Supervising maintenance of accurate and complete records for the transport section, implementing and reviewing the effectiveness of internal controls in the transport management system in accordance with the KCCA administrative guidelines.
6. Managing the performance of staff under direct supervision in accordance with the Performance Management guidelines.
7. Any other duties that may be assigned from time to time.