dfcu Bank is a fast-growing Bank in Uganda offering a wide range of financial solutions to its chosen market segments. We are seeking to recruit for the position of Senior Manager- Agency Banking in our Commercial Domain to support our expansion strategy.
REPORTING TO: Head of Alternative Channels
JOB PURPOSE: Reporting to the Head of Alternative Channels, the role holder will be responsible for the growth of the Agent Banking business into a significant business line in terms of outreach and Profitability and in line with the bank’s Alternate Channel game plan.
- Develop and oversee the execution of a robust agent on-boarding process (agents’ selection, agents business pitch, document validation, branding, training, and provision of business device) in compliance with set out regulatory guidelines.
- Develop and oversee the execution of an agent monitoring and support framework– (liquidity management, visits by banks regional/ branch staff as well as ANM) to maintain an active agency channel.
- Work with all stakeholders to ensure stable and effective service delivery on agent banking channels (minimal service downtimes, efficient agent service levels agreements, and recourse systems) to maintain an active agent network.
- Initiate and manage relationships with ANMs/ third parties, to support the Agent Channel in line with the bank’s strategic objectives.
- Collect & Consolidate Agency Banking performance business reports to inform a sustainable agent channel, good customer experience, and products performance.
- Collect and consolidate reports for Agency Banking for onward submission to the regulator as per agreed timelines.
- Scope the market for solutions to inform agent banking channel growth and evolution.
- Develop agent banking training curriculum and oversee the execution of the training plan (training of trainers for bank staff and agents training).
- Build capacity, manage, and coach team members.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE, AND COMPETENCIES REQUIRED:
- A Bachelor’s degree preferably in a Business-related field.
- Training in Agency Banking or Digital Finance is an added advantage.
- 5 years experience in banking of which a minimum of 3 years should be in a Managerial Role.
- Driving Experience is an added advantage.
- Reporting, Analytical, and Presentation skills.
- Computer Proficiency especially with Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Access.
- Strong networking and relationship management skills.
- Ability to identify business opportunities from market intelligence and make value-adding recommendations.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and negotiation skills.
- Exposure to customer service and the ability to handle conflicts and client complaints.
- A team player with the ability to lead and work under minimum supervision.
- Logical thinking with creative problem-solving ability.
- Great attention to detail.
- Mature disposition in the handling of external stakeholders that support the Alternate Channels.
- Ability to keep abreast of changes in the market, customer requirements, competitors’ responses, and the bank’s ability to use the information to identify new business opportunities and threats.
- Strong leadership skills.
If you believe you meet the requirements as noted above, please forward your application with a detailed CV including present position and copies of relevant professional/academic certificates (University Transcript, O & A level), by close of business on Thursday 22nd July 2021 to the email address indicated below:
dfcu Bank is committed to giving equal opportunities in employment and aims to ensure that it does not discriminate against gender or race. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted through +256 312 300469.