Qualifications, Skills, and Experience;
• The ideal candidate must hold an Honours Bachelor degree with a bias in the Accounting/Audit option.
• Full professional qualification in Accountancy like ACCA, CPA, and CIMA.
• Must hold a masters in MBA
• Membership of ICPAU or Internal Audit professional body is a MUST.
• Possession of additional qualifications like a CIA OR Master’s degree will be an added advantage.
• At least 5 years experience in auditing. Preference will be given to those with experience in audit of donor-funded projects and the Public sector.
• Knowledgeable in ICT
• Ability to analyze and interpret financial information and statement.
• The person must understand how internal Audit work is determined and the process of identifying audit areas, objectives, and resources.
• Audit execution – the person must be skillful and work with minimum supervision.
• The person must be computer literate, able to review and interpret financial information and statement in the systems.
• Objective in conducting the audit.
• Good interpersonal relations
• Highly innovative and proactiveness
• Good decision making and problem-solving skills
• Excellent intra-personal management skills
• Demonstrate leadership skills.
How to Apply:
ALL applicants should submit a written expression of interest accompanied with
detailed curriculum vitae, certified copies of certificates and testimonials and
three referees, one of whom must be from your current or previous employer
addressed to the Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Health, P.O. Box 7272,
Kampala, Uganda and should be delivered to the Security Registry in Room
A.102 between 8:00 am and 5:00 pm Monday to Friday. All applications should
be submitted not later than Tuesday 15th June 2021.
• Lead in the preparation of audit work plan and program for audit activities.
• The jobholder will evaluate the internal controls to assess the level of financial and operational risks, and the appropriateness of risk management, policies, and procedures.
• The Senior Internal Auditor will keenly examine the correctness of financial records and completeness of documents.
• Review completion of accountability returns, verify and retire advances.
• Tasked with the development and execution of supply chain audit of Health commodities to Health facilities.
• Make follow-up of recommendations that arose in previous audits.
• Compile audit findings for discussion with management before making a final quarterly internal audit report.