Reporting to the Head – Human Capital, the role holder will be responsible for aligning business objectives with employees and management in designated domains. The position serves as a consultant to management on human resource-related matters.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE, AND COMPETENCIES REQUIRED:
• Degree level education preferably in Human Resources, Social Sciences or a business degree.
• A postgraduate diploma in HRM is a must.
• Membership to HR professional body.
• 7 years of generalist Human Resources Experience preferably in a competitive business environment.
• Expert knowledge of the Uganda labor laws and familiarity with the International Labour laws.
• Good understanding of the general HR Operations.
• Ability to use independent judgment to plan, prioritize and organize a diversified workload and work with confidential materials and employee information and maintain confidentiality at all times.
• Strong business acumen: strong knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources modeling, leadership techniques, production methods, and coordination of people and resources.
• Clear, comprehensive understanding of the link between talent and other HR initiatives and business strategy.
• Ability to develop clear, actionable steps in support of an overall business strategy.
• Ability to identify new ways for HR to support the business strategy.
• Ability to recognize trends and develop recommendations based on data analysis.
• Ability to engage, inspire, and influence people.
• Effective team player and networker.
• Strong interpersonal, communication, and customer service skills.
• Basic Knowledge in banking is desirable.
• Ability to use data and analytics to influence leaders and make business decisions.
• Experience in the use of an HRMIS.
If you believe you meet the requirements as noted above, please forward your application with a detailed CV including present position and copies of relevant professional/academic certificates (University Transcript, O & A level)
• Contribute to the development of best practice HR policies in order to continuously improve the employee value proposition and retain talent.
• Prepare the annual staff budget to be consolidated into the overall Bank budget.
• Act as a leader in the salary and benefits review exercises in liaison with Head, Human Capital, and HR Operations.
• Contribute to the business strategy by helping business leaders to identify, prioritize, and build organizational capabilities, behavior, structures, and processes.
• Carry out a resource gap analysis in liaison with Line managers and participate in the recruitment process to fill all critical positions in a timely manner to ensure business continuity at all times.
• Coordinate the Performance Management process in order to instill a performance culture in all Staff and Line Managers.
• Lead and implement an integrated HR approach for organizational effectiveness that includes performance management, talent management, development, compensation, employee relations, culture, and engagement initiatives.
• Acts as the primary point of contact for the designated business unit to deliver services that address issues pertinent to HR and business unit alignment.
• Cascade core HR processes (e.g. performance management, talent reviews, compensation, employee relations, etc.) to business units and ensure that they are clearly communicated, understood, and adhered to by Line managers and staff.
• Support line managers in forecasting and planning their talent pipeline requirements in line with the function or business strategy.
• Conduct regular Job Analysis within departments, to ensure alignment of Job Roles to clear accountabilities and Optimal Structures in order to enhance Staff productivity.
• Provide advisory services to Staff and Line managers on employment legislation issues in consultation with the Head – Human Capital and Legal Department, spearhead and manage employee relations within the departments and ensure compliance by all parties.
• Liaise with the business heads to create a talent management strategy at the business unit level by understanding the talent needs of the business and identifying talent issues before they impact the business.