Diploma, Associate’s degree
ESSENTIAL MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
• High School Diploma or Bachelor or equivalent in information technology, demography, statistics, social sciences, data science, gender studies, or related field is required.
• 4 years of relevant work experience in data analysis and writing high-quality analytical reports and research products or 2 years of relevant work experience if the holder of a post-graduate university degree is required.
• Ability to formulate Information Management-related technical requirements and Operating Procedures is required.
• – Experience with handling confidential data and demonstrated understanding of different data collection methodologies is required.
• Excellent analytical skills are required
• Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel and other statistical analysis software/s is required
• Ability to review and analyze data and produce high-quality visual graphics representing data sets is required
• Excellent command of English (spoken and written) is required
• Knowledge of UNHCR’s work and mandate is required
• High level of integrity and respect for the values and principles of UNHCR is required
• Demonstrate the highest level of commitment to and respect for persons of concern to UNHCR, partners, and colleagues in all aspects of work and ensure that personal professional behavior is of the highest standard is required.
• Support the development or revision of methodological approaches and standards for the assessment conducted by UNHCR or partner organizations in support of monitoring, assessment, targeting, evaluation, operational plans, and results reporting.
• Advise on the appropriate methods and tools to be used in data collection and data analysis activities.
• Conduct regular data quality checks on data collected and proactively communicate erroneous data for correction.
• Support data analysis activities from the data collected during the assessment and from UNHCR’s data systems such as registration and identity management, etc;
• Support the design and implementation of relevant statistical analytical products and input into their production, including quality assurance.
• In close collaboration with Protection and Information Management, take lead in drafting assessment reports.
• Monitor data quality of the verification exercise
• Support field colleagues on registration systems for data collection
• With information management staff, support consistency in the analytical approach at global, regional, and/or country level, including for the purpose of cross-border analysis and response.
• Perform other duties requested by the supervisor.