Education, Experience, Skills & Technical Competencies
• A degree in Accounting or an equivalent, with a recognized professional accounting qualification (CPA, CMA, ACCA).
• At least 3 years middle-level management experience in a large and busy Work environment with vast experience in handling project reporting for various donors (EU, US government, UNHCR, etc) including management of Consortia’s
• Able to communicate effectively (written and verbal) in English with all staff.
• Demonstrated knowledge and experience in financial software systems (Sage ERP 300 is a MUST) and MS Office (Windows, spreadsheets, etc)
• Demonstrated leadership and managerial skills, willingness to exercise initiative, detail-oriented, and capable of preparing and analyzing financial reports.
• Able to participate and contribute as a team member, with proven ability to work under pressure and manage the workload to complete critical deadlines.
Candidates who are interested in the above position should submit an updated CV and Application letter including their TIN Numbers in Pdf format and not more than 3Mb, giving a day time telephone contact and email addresses of 3 (three) work-related referees only through our recruitment email
Please use the full job title of the position you are applying for as the subject line.
Qualified applicants in the Banking and Private sectors are encouraged to apply Deadline for receiving applications is Friday 7th May 2021 5:00 pm
• Policy implementation in order to improve the accuracy and completeness of their reports.
• Assist in preparation of monthly Financial reports to Geneva and Monthly Management Reports.
• Carry out end month closure processes in SAGE by reviewing unposted bathes and notify the Subprograms to close and post batch; Share and follow up on unpaid invoices for Subprogram Accountants for reconciliation.
• Maintains month-end report file for both the Geneva & project management reports.
• Review and manage the project working budgets/cash flow forecasts in order to ensure that activities are implemented according to plan and that any projected deficits/surplus are adequately addressed.
• Participate in budgeting at proposal level, consolidate and review budgets.
• Creates Financial Reporter (FR) excel templates for new projects and modifies the existing templates to meet the LWF Uganda/Geneva reporting needs.
• Set up approved Project budget in SAGE and perform budget amendments in a timely manner.
• Reviews project budget codes and deactivates all ACCPAC codes for closed projects and budgets that are overspend.
• Ensures monthly balance sheet account reconciliations (Subledgers) and liaises with both the Kampala and Project Accountants to ensure that regular action is taken on all outstanding account balances in accordance with the finance manual.
• Carry out detailed reviews of all project expenses (Supplier requisition, Purchase order, Accountabilities, Payment request) to verify their accuracy and completeness in accordance with LWF accounting policies.
• Reviews adjustment journals prepared by the project accountants to ensure correct charging before importing and posting them to ACCPAC accounting software.
• Reviews the draft monthly financial reports prepared by Accountants to ensure that they meet the internal and external reporting requirements of LWF Uganda, including identifying & discussing proposed adjustments to the reports with the Finance Manager;
• Undertakes regular field visits to monitor all LWF-Uganda’s projects and perform a range of standard internal audit checks (e.g. physical asset verification, physical verification of project sites & carrying out transactional walk-through tests) to verify the implementation of the existing policies and internal controls.
• Following field visit, prepare reports clearly highlighting any lapses in policy implementation weaknesses in internal controls and makes recommendations to management, and follow up the implementation of the recommendation.
• Assist to ensure that there are adequate financial checks and balances in all the LWF projects as well as the central office.
• Staff Capacity building on Financial Management, new policies, and use of ACCPAC as may be necessary;
• Carry out ACCPAC data backups on a daily basis
• Performs weekly and random cash counts for the Kampala office
• Performs any other duties that may be assigned from time to time