Education: Bachelors’ degree
Work experience: None
Language skills: English
Contract Type: Full time
AMEX Petrol is seeking Sales Manager – Oil and Gas Services in Kampala, Uganda. Other domestic locations will be considered for the right candidate.
The position will assist AMEX Petrol meet its customer acquisition and revenue growth targets in the pipeline and liquefied natural gas/deep water port practice areas. To sell, distribute, and market bulk petroleum and related products in a manner that will optimize the company’s market share and savings, improve the company’s efficiency, help achieve the cooperative’s mission and goals, and result in outstanding customer service.
The petroleum sales & delivery person’s responsibilities involve sales, service, safety and maintenance, reporting, and other duties as assigned by management.
The petroleum sales & delivery person will maintain a positive attitude that promotes team work within the cooperative and a favorable image of the cooperative.
Responsibilities include maximizing the sales team potential, crafting sales plans, and working with technical staff to expand pipeline, develop opportunities, and drive sales.
– Meet sales and growth targets
– Implement sales strategy and marketing plans in the business line to grow company revenue
– Confer with the Sales Director and practice area leaders to determine sales objectives and develop tactical actions to achieve business line revenue goals
– Provide coaching and performance monitoring of technical sales representatives and assist technical staff with development of sales pipeline and capture of identified opportunities
– Assist the management team with planning and forecasting and prepare sales and revenue reports for the management team
– Identify emerging markets and market shifts while being aware of new products and competition status
– Capitalize on own expertise and existing professional relationships to generate new business opportunities
– Build and promote strong, long-lasting customer relationships
– Support business and market analyses to determine client needs, volume potential, competitive pricing, and development of sales campaigns
– Attend conferences or participate in professional societies to provide exposure to corporate capabilities and gather market intelligence
– The position requires strong business development, client service, and technical experience.
– The position also requires a solid reputation in the oil & gas industry to support the building and maintaining of important client relationships.
– The ideal candidate will possess experience in the A/E/C consulting industry, with the ability to sell environmental and engineering services, primarily to commercial clients
– Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Engineering, Environmental Science, Planning, or related discipline
– 10 years of related experience with energy industry clients
– Proven ability to drive the sales process from plan to close
– Understanding of the federal/state environmental regulatory industry
– Strong organizational skills and results orientation with successfully achieving/exceeding sales and revenue targets
– Excellent mentoring, coaching and people management skills
– Ability to travel to support business needs