Diploma, Associate’s degree
The Response Manager, Afghan Evacuee Response will be responsible for the overall coordination and management of the Afghan response and serve as the focal point in Entebbe. The Response Manager will ensure quality program implementation, including providing guidance to staff on the ground and overseeing budget management, performance management, M&E, and Operational relationships with all stakeholders including government authorities (MOH, Foreign Affairs, OPM, Security Agencies), US Embassy, Apartment authorities among others. S/he will be responsible for maintaining regular contact with all external stakeholders.
- A bachelor’s degree in development studies, Social Work, Social Sciences, or other appropriate fields. A Master’s degree in any of the above disciplines or in a related field. A Post Graduate Diploma in Project Planning and Management, M&E is desirable.
- Experience leading and coordinating Humanitarian Response. Managing projects in an emergency is an added advantage
- Excellent leadership, interpersonal and negotiation skills with the ability to relate and coordinate activities.
- Minimum of 3 – 5 years experience in managing large projects in INGOs preferably in emergencies.
- Broad knowledge and experience in budget management.
- Good knowledge of project management and an understanding of the humanitarian context programming is a plus.
- Strong collaborator and influencer with effective interpersonal and analytical skills who can work seamlessly across cultures, and organizational Units.
- Able to work effectively in a highly matrixed structure, multi-task, prioritize and make decisions.
- Strong financial management, budgeting, and communication skills.
- Excellent training and coaching skills.
- Able and willing to accept new any duties assigned besides those in the job description.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team; well organized, and able to prioritize multiple tasks while driving results
- Proficient computer skills and knowledge including Ms. Word, Ms. Excel, Ms. Power-Point, and other Ms applications.
- Take lead in Response planning and coordination to ensure timely and quality implementation of all Response activities in line with the program work-plan and in full coordination with the Health, Women Protection and Empowerment (WPE), Protection and Rule of Law, Economic Recovery and Development (ERD) and Education colleagues.
- Provide managerial direction and guidance in line with the project’s expected outcomes.
- Oversee key project planning deliverables using results-based management approaches and tools.
- Organize periodic meetings to discuss project progress; record and follow up on the execution of agreed action points.
- With support from the Field Coordinator, TCs, and Grants Unit, take lead in the concept notes, proposals, and budget development.
- Ensure proper visibility in the project site
- In collaboration with the M&E colleagues and program colleagues participate in data analysis and interpretation exercises to inform programming and advocacy. Additionally, participate in any assessments regarding the response.
- Oversee day-to-day coordination and delivery of project activities in conjunction with staff and partners.
Communication and Reporting
- Ensure regular communication with the Field Coordinator regarding the Response
- Lead the coordination and planning of Response interventions.
- Represent the IRC to external stakeholders, effectively communicating challenges, successes, and contextual changes throughout the course of the response.
- Actively participate in both internal and external coordination meetings and represent the Response
- Compile program narrative and financial progress reports in coordination with the grant’s unit, program, and finance to share with the donor.
- Compile and prepare quality monthly, quarterly, and periodic project progress reports, as well as final reports, and feed in other information as required by Field Coordinator, Technical Coordinators, Grants unit, SC Unit, and Senior Management Team.
- Maintain open and effective communication amongst all stakeholders.
- In conjunction with the grants and finance team, develop and monitor the project budget and ensure regular reporting.
- In conjunction with Grants, the finance and SC team review financial reports, spending plans, budgets, item forecasts, etc.
- Human Resources Management
- Work with Technical and Field office leads to provide adequate HR oversight to the Response Team.
- Conduct capacity needs of the team and liaise with sector leads to conduct training in a bid to build the capacity of the team.
- Manage staff performance and ensure that staff is delivering on the goals and objectives of the project as expected.
- Any other duties as assigned by the supervisor to enable and develop IRC programs.