Under the guidance of the Reproductive Health Officer, the Registered midwife will be responsible for the provision of maternal and neonatal health services at the PHC facility and supporting the Reproductive health services in the community within the catchment population. She will provide midwifery nursing services and public health interventions to patients and the community. MNCH services include ANC, peri-natal care, safe deliveries, postpartum care, identifying and managing obstetric emergencies including referrals as appropriate, STIs management according to MoH guidelines. Among others, she will be providing counseling on FP and provision of modern FP methods, HIV/AIDS counseling and testing services, and linkage to care. She will be based at the PHC facility and directly supervise enrolled midwives and vaccinators
Must be a
trained Midwife at registered level or its equivalent from a recognized
Must be registered with
Uganda Nurses and Midwives Council.
- Minimum 2 years work experience in reproductive health
- Experience in maternal-infant and young child care.
- Experience in supervision and providing leadership.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong report writing and team working skills.
- Knowledge of computer packages and basic analysis skills.
- Experience in HIV/AIDS (e-MTCT, EID) programming added advantage.
- Ability to work in hardship areas (previous experience in a camp
setting will be an added advantage).
midwifery service for patients provided.
risk cases identified and reported.
or health unit activities organized and managed.
for financial and other resources provided.
performance appraisal is done.
- Provision of maternal and neonatal health
services at the PHC facility that include: Antenatal care, deliveries,
neonatal health care to prevent infection and promote health, exclusive
breastfeeding, immunization, growth monitoring, and check-up for common
neonatal infections, postpartum care, and encouragement of
breastfeeding/young child weaning & feeding
- Implement family planning counseling and
provision of modern methods;
- Management of obstetric emergencies
including referrals as appropriate & STIs management according to MOH
- Provides supportive supervision of Maternal
and Child Health Workers (MCHW) to ensure that they carry out their duties
- Participate in the on-job training of other
the staff especially MCHW and also in organizing for sensitization in the
health facility and community
- Provides health education to patients
coming to the health facility and also plans community-based campaigns
- Participates in EPI activities including
vaccinations, request of vaccines as well as the making of reports
- Participates in conducting community-based
health care activities including planned outreaches and school health
and mentor the midwives and other reproductive health staffs on quality RH
and organize integrated community outreach through identification of
capacity gaps and carrying out refresher training and on the job
- Provide counseling to women and their spouses on HIV/AIDS and FP
- Compile and submit Program weekly,
biweekly and monthly reports of all the activities implemented
on to some other roles when assigned