Diploma, Associate’s degree
The Protection Assistant supports the Protection Officers with the implementation of Protection and Rule of Law program activities in the set?up of protection interventions in Bidibidi Settlement. She/he will work closely with Community-Based Volunteers in leading outreach and mobilization activities
• Educated at a Diploma level in a relevant field.
• At least One (1) year of prior professional experience in a similar post, with an international or national NGO. Applicants with significant Volunteering experience in an INGO or NGO of reputable standing may be considered.
• Good awareness of protection issues and the refugee context
• Good organizational skills.
• Ability to manage time, prioritize activities and meet deadlines.
• Good interpersonal skills and ability to work as part of a team, as well as independently.
• Demonstrates empathy and sensitivity in working with refugees and vulnerable communities
• Flexible and able to work in a dynamic and diverse environment.
• Maintains high levels of confidentiality
• Comfortable using Information technology (Computers, Smart Phones, and Tablets).
• Ensures daily operation of Information and Support Centers (ISCs) in assigned Zone.
• Provides timely feedback on issues and complaints raised by refugees at ISCs.
• Ensures all protection concerns and/or complaints by refugees are accurately assessed and recorded in the intake, either directly assisting and/or referring an individual to an appropriate service provider.
• The Protection Assistant will conduct one follow-up of the case, according to operating procedures.
• Coordinates with service providers to strengthen referral pathways, including weekly referral/case meetings.
• Works with Protection Officers and Community Based volunteers to conduct protection information and awareness session ? community outreaches.
• Maintains and collects data in line with agreed procedures.
• Conducts PSN home visits, assessing needs, and ensures adequate referral/assistance provided.
• Work closely with Community-Based Volunteers, providing support and guidance in their activities.