Knowledge / Expertise:
• A Degree in Agriculture Education, Rural Economy, Economics, Business administration, Development studies, Social studies, and Entrepreneurship
• At least three years experience in implementing livelihood technical and life skills interventions and cash voucher systems for young people preferably with an international Non-Government Organisation
• A strong understanding of gender-aware and gender transformative programming.
• Knowledge and dynamic in working with vulnerable young girls and boys in an emergency setting.
• Experience and skills in the use of participatory approaches and rights-based programming.
• Excellent communication, organizational and interpersonal skills.
• Demonstrated experience in networking with other development partners in the field.
• Support in developing and implementing weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual project work plans, project activities, and budgets.
• Prepare and submit to the Project Manager, high-quality activity, weekly, quarterly, and annual narrative reports for all completed activities.
• Coordinate effectively with project staff and other staffs to leverage efforts, build synergy, teamwork and deliver high-quality project results
• Support tracking, monitoring, evaluation, documentation, and reporting of project outputs, outcomes, impact or results, and changes in close collaboration with the Project Manager.
• Support effective project budget utilization, management, and monitoring for activities directly implemented by Plan staff and partners.
• Support timely accountability for funds used to implement projects in line with Plan international accounting policies and procedures and donor requirements.
• Assist in effective management of project resources including procurements in accordance with Plan International Uganda policies and guidelines and in accordance with grant conditions.
• Support with representation in Livelihood working group meeting meetings with UNHCR and other stakeholders at settlement and district level in close consultation with the Project Manager.
• Assist with project risk management in the implementation of the project to minimize their occurrence and possible effects on the project in line with Plan International Risk Management policy and project risk mitigation measures
• Ensure compliance with Plan International’s Safeguarding Children and Young People Policy and guidelines in all project activities
• Mobilize target community members, children, families, and key stakeholders at settlement level and host communities, sub-county, and district level to participate in BAHIA project activities
• Support the Project Manager in developing Concept papers/ proposals for funding opportunities.
• Performs additional duties as per the request of the Project Coordinator