The ITH programme will be implemented by the Aga Khan Foundation in partnership with In their Hands
Company (ITH CO), and Triggers Limited who will together provide comprehensive sexual and
reproductive health services (SRHR) to adolescent girls (15-19) in Kampala and Arua, through immersive
engagement with girls and their communities as well as through a user-centric digital platform (ITH
the platform for a period of 12 months. AKF seeks highly motivated Project officers with hands-on SRHR
experience who will be based in Arua and Kampala and will be engaged for a period of 11 months
starting May 2021 and ending March 2022. The Project Officer will contribute to the technical direction
of the project through supporting the project implementation planning processes including project start-up
activities, building and formalizing partner engagement, supervision of all field staff, training, and
mentorship as well as project risk management. The Project Officer will ensure significant day to
day support to project staff, to ensure that agreed targets and deliverables are met including proper
reporting, financial management, and compliance.
• Develop and execute work plans and activities derived from the project’s goals, agreed targets and
• Directly supervise a team of 6 community engagement facilitators.
• Training of community engagement facilitators, group leaders, and community groups.
• Maintain effective and regular communication with all implementing partners, including national
and local government stakeholders.
• Work closely with the Project Manager to provide day to day supervision of project activities and
project partners to ensure efficient and effective project implementation.
• Provide input in the development, implementation, and regular review and revision of the
project’s risk management plan.
• Provide regular project progress and results, success stories and lessons learned, and flag risks or
areas of concern through timely weekly and monthly reports to the Project Manager.
• Works with MERL Teams to design and deliver baseline and end-line surveys to document
stakeholder attitude and practice changes
• Collaborate with partners, community leaders, and members, to deliver the program on the
• Perform other relevant duties as and when assigned, by the Project Manager, and Senior
• Develops well-conceived and evidenced-based learning and documentation resource briefs on
AKF key approaches.
a) Required Skills & Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in Public Health, Gender Studies, Development Studies, Communications
project management or any other related degree.
• At least 2 to 4years’ relevant experience in SRHR, youth, gender equality, and social inclusion
programming community engagement, social and other development project activities.
• Experience working with Civil Society and Community Based Organisations will be an added
• Strong community mobilization skills are required.
• Training and facilitation skills are desired.
• Team player with the ability to work within a multi-cultural environment.
• Knowledge of the local language is desirable.
• Working knowledge of MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook.