The Project Manager will play a leadership role in providing technical support in the formulation, strengthening, execution and direct supervision of implementation of project work plans to ensure effective delivery of the Project in accordance with the project design and the contractual requirements by the donor.
Specific Tasks and Responsibilities
- PROGRAMME DEVELOPMENT AND IMPLEMENTATION
• Directly manage the implementation of project activities to realize project outputs and outcome.
• Ensure the overall direction and integrity of the project
• Instruct and monitor the project team performance, attitude and discipline
• Develop tools for data and information collection on the project
• Lead the project reporting function.
• Identify and network with other organizations and government agencies at district and national levels.
• Actively participate in appraisal of the project team.
• Identify areas for capacity building among project team and develop training plans and materials for staff capacity building.
• Ensure active participation of stakeholders in project activities to facilitate ownership of the project
• Support in identifying and obtaining any support and advice required for the management, planning and control of the project
• Actively facilitate and supervise activities concerning the participatory, formulation and implementation of M&E plan
• Render support in resource mobilization to supplement sustainability of the project.
• Actively participate in meetings and workshops to promote sharing of lessons learnt from the project
• Perform any other duties assigned in line with the organization and the project.
• Participate in annual planning and budgeting for the programme in line with planning and budgeting guidelines and timelines
• Develop a programme budget and ensure that expenditure are within the planned time frame and approved budgets.
• Monitor and manage over or under spending in a timely manner in line with standards.
Coordinate with the Head of Programmes to verify that financial management and accountability is in line with policy guidelines.
• Monitor and address or report any risks to management.
• Assists in managing programme communications services to promote documentation of best/promising practices, success stories and case studies to support resource mobilization, demonstrate impact and promote the image of the organization.
• Assists in streamlining information management system in a manner that information is readily accessible and shared.
2. MONITORING, EVALUATION AND LEARNING
(i) Ensure all projects have M&E frameworks that outline the objectives, inputs, outputs and outcomes of the intended projects and the indicators that will be used to measure the programme outputs.
(ii) Provides guidance to the Project Managers to track and manage project milestones and deliverables ensuring that goals are met and deliverables are provided on time.
(iii) Identify and resolve any problems that stall the progress of work together with the Project Managers.
(iv) Manage quarterly Programme Management Team (PMT) review sessions and ensure all projects are holding monthly PMT reviews.
(v) Follow up and support implementation of action points from monthly and quarterly PMTs. (vi) Coordinate project assessments, studies and evaluation in accordance with the organisation guidelines. (vii) Ensure action planning and execution to resolve audit and evaluation findings and recommendations in a conclusive and timely manner.
(viii) Promote learning by ensuring information that is gathered during the project implementation is used for accountability and to inform future activities or modify implementation approach.
3. FINANCIAL/BUDGETING & ASSETS MANAGEMENT
(i) Participate in annual planning and budgeting for all programmes and projects in line with planning and budgeting guidelines and timelines
(ii) Develop a programme and project budget and ensure that expenditure are within the planned time frame and approved budgets.
(iii) Monitor and manage over or under spending in a timely manner in line with standards.
(iv) Coordinate with the Head of Finance to verify that financial management and accountability is in line with policy guidelines.
(v) Monitor and address or report any risks to management.
4. COMMUNICATIONS AND INFORMATION MANAGEMENT
(i) Manage programme communications services to promote documentation of best/promising practices, success stories and case studies to support resource mobilisation, demonstrate impact and promote the image of the organisation.
(ii) Streamline information management system in a manner that information is readily accessible and shared.
5. STAFF AND SECURITY
(i) Work with the management to ensure that minimum operating standards are met by field teams and that periodic security assessments are carried out and reports submitted to management
6. PEOPLE MANAGEMENT
(i) Ensure appropriate staff levels within all Project teams.
(ii) Ensure that all Project staff understand and are able to perform their roles.
(iii) Manage Project teams, define expectations, provide leadership and technical support as needed and assess and evaluate the Project Managers as required.
(iv) Ensures the recruitment, training, and promotion of staff as appropriate and ensure availability of appropriate professional development opportunities for staff.
(v) Incorporates staff development strategies and Performance Management Systems into team building process.
(vi) Manages the performance of all staff in the Programme Department through effective use of the Performance Management System, including the establishment of clear, measurable objectives, on-going feedback, periodic reviews and fair and unbiased evaluations.
(vii) Provide leadership in strengthening internal communications with staff at all levels throughout the organisation, create and promote a positive and supportive environment.
(viii) Manage, motivate and mentor & coach a high performing team. Leverage the strengths of the team members, develop and train them to reach optimal individual and organisational performance goals.
7. SPONSORSHIP MANAGEMENT
(i) Effective management of sponsorship operations and performance.
(ii) Lead in sharing, understanding and adherence to standards.
(iii) Ensure that sponsorship business processes are operational in the programme
(iv) Guide and support the development programme level business processes.
(v) Monitor and oversight support in the management of sponsorship performance in compliance with partnership standards.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
(a) Degree in Development Studies, Social Sciences, Project planning and management, Business Administration, or other related disciplines plus a master’s degree in any of the following: management, Development Studies, Business Administration or any other related field;
(b) At least eight (5) years’ in NGO programme management
(c) Project M&E support and compile/review quality donor reports.
(d) Prior experience in designing and conducting quantitative and qualitative data collection, including social impact assessment, desk review, interviews and field work.
(e) Working knowledge and experience of effective financial and budgetary control and supporting projects to stay on course with implementation.
(i) Developing others
(ii) Strategic thinking and planning
(iii) Strong ethical standards and high levels of integrity
(v) Strategic networking
(vii) Results orientated
(viii) Managing resources
Qualifications, Skills and Experience: Significant experience of financial planning, management, control and reporting
• Excellent written and spoken communication skills (English)
• Computer literacy skills
• Possess excellent interpersonal skills
• Working knowledge of Sign Language is desired
Prospective candidates should get details from www.csuganda.org or facebook account Cheshire Services Uganda and interested candidates should send their cover letter and Resume through email: email@example.com addressed to:
The Executive Director,
Cheshire Services Uganda,
Plot 1833 Kaduyu Road-Kiwatule
P.O BOX 70012, Clock Tower Kampala