Programme Manager- Response Innovation Lab (RIL) (Kampala)
Save the Children International is currently recruiting for a Programme Manager for the Response Innovation Lab at our Country Office in Kampala. The Programme Manager is responsible for leading the day to day work of the Response Innovation Lab (RIL) in Uganda: www.responseinnovationlab.com/uganda. The objective is to support social-impact innovations and innovators, especially local innovators, and to strengthen this ecosystem in order to drive impact for communities in need particularly the 1.4 million refugees living in the country.
The Programme Manager is responsible and accountable for effective and efficient planning as well as for quality and performance of the implementation of the RIL portfolio with technical guidance from the RIL Manager. The portfolio of RIL Uganda spans across several awards that all seek to execute the RIL functions of supporting the innovation ecosystem with varied thematic focus (energy, nutrition, Covid-19 response, etc): Map and Convene, Matchmake, Support, Gather and disseminate Evidence.
The job holder needs to be a seasoned programme manager with strong coordination and relationship-building skills. We are looking for a doer who can contribute to building a vision for the team and operationalize the concepts to deliver this vision in collaboration with multiple stakeholders.
To be successful for this role, you will have/bring the following:
- Master’s Degree in International Development, Business Administration, Communications, Social Sciences or related studies
- 10-year experience in an incubator, a start-up, social enterprise, innovation space and/or I/NGO
- Candidates with a Bachelor Degree in a similar field and added years of work experience may be considered too.
- A team player and self-starter who can turn ideas into concrete results
- Eagerness to build partnerships and projects outside of traditional humanitarian field and to challenge traditional ways of working
- Experience working with and managing ambitious innovation or humanitarian projects
- Understanding of the refugee response context and innovation ecosystem in Uganda
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realize children’s rights and ensure their voices are heard. We are working towards 3 breakthroughs:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
Please apply in English saving your CV and covering letter as a single document. Please apply online by following this link https://uganda.savethechildren.net/careers indicating 3 referees, two of whom should have been your direct supervisors.
Important to note: Testimonials/certificates SHOULD NOT be attached to application that is submitted online. Hand delivered applications will not be accepted and are therefore not considered during the shortlisting process. Application closes 1st March 2022 on at midnight Uganda time. We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.