To increase procurement efficiency through effective implementation of the procurement plan, reduction of lead time, and improve overall project performance.
The ideal applicant must hold the following;
• Masters’s Degree in procurement, Business Administration, or related discipline.
• Bachelors in Procurement and Supply Chain Management/Logistics or
Commerce from a recognized institution of learning.
• Professional Qualification in Procurement and Logistics
• Management such as a minimum of CIPS Level 5
• Computer knowledge and skills in Microsoft Word, Excel,
• Working experience of at least five years related to procurement management in a public entity.
• Fluency in English and ability to communicate both orally and in writing.
• Deep knowledge of PPDA Rules and Regulations and world bank Guidelines is desired.
• Able and willing to work under pressure to improve the overall performance of the projects
How to Apply:
ALL applicants should submit a written expression of interest accompanied with detailed curriculum vitae, certified copies of certificates and testimonials, and three referees, one of whom must be from your current or previous employer addressed to the Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Health, P.O. Box 7272, Kampala, Uganda and should be delivered to the Security Registry in Room A.102 between 8:00 am and 5:00 pm Monday to Friday. All applications should be submitted not later than Tuesday 15th June 2021.
• Prepare and where applicable, update and monitor the implementation of the procurement plan for the projects.
• Prepare bidding documents for acquisition of goods, works, and nonconsulting services under request for Quotations.
• Prepare Local Purchase Orders(LPO) using the integrated Financial Management System IFMS).
• Ensure that Pre-bid/Pre-proposal meetings, evaluation meetings Contracts committee meetings, and site meetings are properly planned and held as per schedule
• Ensure that bids/proposals are properly received and opened and a record of opening signed and kept on file.
• Participate in the evaluation of bids or proposals and ensure that evaluation reports are prepared and signed by the evaluation Committee.
• Ensure that submissions to the contracts committee are prepared and submitted two days before the meeting.
• Track expiry dates of contracts, bid securities advance payment guarantees and performance securities, advance payment guarantees and performance securities and ensure the extension
• Maintain complete procurement files and records and ensure safe custody, easy access, and retrieval.
• Prepare monthly procurement progress reports
• Monitor and track contracts being processed, consult and work closely with contract managers to identify constraints or challenges or issues especially deviations from agreed procurement schedules.
• Coordinating with user departments for timely initiation of procurements.
• Perform any other duties that may be assigned by the supervisors.
• Specialist from time in furtherance of the above responsibilities.