To develop Purchasing Strategies, supervising the complete purchase-to-pay process, and ensuring a highly skilled and motivated Procurement team in order to optimize value from the total procurement spend of the organization. The job holder is also responsible for ensuring that all contracts are reviewed and renewed on time for all services that are procured by the Bank as well as the provision of Quality services to attain value for money.
Management and Supervision of Facilities operations
Skills and Requirements:
For the above position, the successful applicant should meet the following criteria:
• University degree in Business from a recognized and reputable institution, Master’s degree is an added advantage.
• Knowledge of the procurement and facilities policies and procedures
• Professional qualifications in CIPS is an added advantage and staff must have four (4) years experience working in a similar or related job.
• Driving and delivering the quality, delivery, and cost performance of the supply chain to achieve optimum cost reduction.
• Developing Purchasing Strategies, developing and managing tender processes as well as managing long-term contractual and framework agreements.
• Ensure effective Procurement Processes and Governance in line with Procurement Standard Operating Procedures.
• Effectively lead and manage the team consisting of purchasing, courier, and transportation personnel, Coordinate transportation and accommodation requests.
• Lead negotiations on contractual agreements with suppliers to ensure that service quality, added value, lowest total cost, security of supply, and the deployment of the suppliers’ capabilities in innovation are secured.
• Manage supplier relationships to deliver optimum performance/results in cost, service, and quality.
• Provide support and lead cross-functional teams to manage the development and implementation of projects/procurement strategies.
• Liaise with users to understand specifications, developing briefs for suppliers, issuing tender documents, and making presentations to the Procurement Committee.
• Ensure effective procurement planning and spend within approved budgets.
• Contribute to the annual and long-term planning and strategy sessions based on analysis of past performance and best practices in the market.
• Manage branch refurbishment within the KCB’s area of operation.
• Space, planning, and furniture provision within the bank
• Manage outsourced support services, development, and implementation of outsourcing efforts.
• Manage in-house support services to facilities function.
• Manage maintenance and repairs of equipment in the network.