- HND or equivalent in a related discipline, current BGAS-CSWIP certification
- Minimum of 10 years experience in Oil and Gas and Petrochemical industry with a Recognized level of expertise in construction discipline with a good knowledge of NDE/NDT.
- Large Topside related package construction, Onshore/Offshore pipeline construction, Onshore Pipeline Installation, Plate Mill/Pipe Mill Inspection, Coating Plant Inspection (FBE/3-layer/concrete), Double jointing and field joint coating
- Management of both the internal and contractor inspection teams
- Previous experience with other major IOC’s/Contractors in oil and gas construction projects.
- The ideal candidate shall be fully conversant with applicable Oil and Gas Industry International Codes, Standards as well as best Industry Practices.
- Significant responsibility in multi-discipline teams or projects.
- Good interpersonal and organizational skills, as well as a good level of computer literacy and, are proficient in Microsoft Office.
- To provide technical assistance and coordination accordingly to the project requirements
- Support the Pipeline/Welding Superintendent on site ensuring that the Contractor is fully conversant with all Company project Pipeline related standards and procedures.
- Act as primary Supervisor for a dedicated area of the construction site: follow-up the sequence of work-fronts and liaise with the construction contractor area managers and superintendents to make sure the sequence is as per the Construction Level-3 Schedule.
- Ensure that Contractors progress on the appropriate high-priority work-fronts
- Undertake regular site visits to assess the work quality and delivery of the Contractor and intervene as appropriate to ensure that activities progress in line with the project schedule.
- Monitor progress and prepare performance reports.
- Identify & analyze the weak points which penalize productivity and propose corrective actions.
- Advise the Wellpads Superintendent on all issues related to sequencing and scheduling of work fronts.
- Analyze and forecast performance and manpower requirements based on physical progress relative to schedule.
- Liaise with all the Superintendents and Supervisors to make sure that all interfaces are managed effectively.
- Supervise the following Site Pipeline interfaces and ensure that Company / Project standards and procedures are fully aligned with the Company & Construction Contractor, Construction Contractor / Sub-contractors and Pipeline Vendor representatives & construction site personnel
- Assist in the resolution of all Technical Queries.
- Assist the COMPANY to ensure Compliance with projects Safety objectives throughout the life of the project.
- Keep the Pipeline/Welding Superintendent North informed of all events which may affect the successful completion of the project goals.
- Interface with QA/QC personnel to address quality issues/progress
- Monitor workforce productivities/progress relative to schedule
- Liaise with a contractor for field-level changes during the construction phase
- Compliance with the HSE instructions, rules, and procedures in force for compliance with the HSE contractual clauses and other documents governing ties with the contractors
- Ensure the protection of the environment and the monitoring of Project environmental performances.
- Participate in daily/weekly/monthly meetings and compile necessary reports (daily/weekly/monthly) related to his/her discipline and scope for the Pipeline/Welding Superintendent North and Construction Manager
- To act on behalf of the Pipeline/Welding Superintendent North in his/her absence if required.