dfcu Bank is a fast-growing Bank in Uganda offering a wide range of financial solutions to its chosen market segments. We are seeking to recruit for the position of Pinnacle Banker in our Commercial Domain to support our expansion strategy.
REPORTING TO: Branch Manager
JOB PURPOSE: Reporting to the Branch Manager, the role holder will be responsible for growing the market share and revenue by providing pro-active and efficient personal relationship banking service to a portfolio of Pinnacle banking clients in accordance with the laid down procedures.
- Manage relations with the Pinnacle portfolio on a layered basis for business growth and to achieve relationship management targets.
- Appraise loan applications making sure that they meet the set standards and credit requirements using the prescribed scorecards and return those that do not meet specifications to the front office desk for follow-up to avoid losses.
- Initiate credit applications for new and existing customers by completing the documentation with customers, completing the required financial analysis, and submitting applications to credit for approval to meet the set agreed timelines.
- Increase product penetration for the Pinnacle customers by reviewing their portfolio to determine potential cross-sells and proactively recommend new products to them.
- Conduct regular face-to-face customer visits, site visits, recognition initiatives and write updated call reports for each visit as per agreed standard in agreed targets for customer retention.
- Receive and verify customer documents for account opening, facilities, and other customer instructions according to the laid down procedures.
- Timely notification of customers in regard to their loan approvals/declines of credit facilities and advise alternative options in case of a decline for customer satisfaction.
- Identify areas of concern/potential fraud and develop appropriate remedial processes/systems, which encompass both the operational and financial aspects of risk management.
- Monitor the Pinnacle portfolio performance and ensure that PAR and NPA are kept within acceptable limits to avoid losses.
- Manage credit and operational risk in account opening and loan processing to avoid fraud and losses.
- Onboard new customers on QuickBanking and inform customers of other appropriate service channels.
- Comply with KYC, AML & suspicious transactions reporting and ensure that all documentation and transactions are in line with local and regulatory anti-money laundering and KYC requirements.
- Acquire new pinnacle relationships, accounts as well as grow and manage the pinnacle portfolio.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE, AND COMPETENCIES REQUIRED:
- Bachelor’s degree.
- At least 3 years banking experience of which 2 should be at the front line.
- Financial Management skills.
- Excellent sales/networking and relationship management skills.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Good understanding of credit principles and guidelines.
- Exceptional products knowledge and ability to propose investment options.
- Ability to analyze business risk.
- Ability to manage a portfolio of customers with different business needs.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Understanding of both business & personal banking.
- Excellent interpersonal and negotiating skills are required.
- Industry and business awareness.
- Excellent selling skills.
- Good communication and negotiation skills.
- Problem-solving skills.
- Motivated, flexible, and ready to work under pressure.
- Able to convey factual information clearly.
If you believe you meet the requirements as noted above, please forward your application with a detailed CV including present position and copies of relevant professional/academic certificates (University Transcript, O & A level), by close of business on Thursday 22nd July 2021 to the email address indicated below:
dfcu Bank is committed to giving equal opportunities in employment and aims to ensure that it does not discriminate against gender or race. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted through +256 312 300469.