The Network Administrator is responsible for ensuring that Computer Systems and Networks are maintained to standard and all system/network-related issues that impact business operations are resolved in a timely manner.
Qualifications and Experience
A Business related Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent
3 year’s work experience in a similar position
Certifications in MCSE, CCNA, CCNP, Network+, ITIL, and experience in IT Security, IS Management are added advantage
Key duties and responsibilities:
1. Identifying opportunities and recommending solutions for improving the overall network health by assessing overall effectiveness and efficiency
2. Ensuring network and systems uptime as per the Service Level Agreements
3. Analyzing information and recommending appropriate changes in network infrastructure and design.
4. Developing and maintaining network standards and keep all documentation relating to network infrastructure and systems
5. Updating procedures and manuals relating to the job function
6. Ensuring all systems and network issues that impact the business are resolved in a timely manner
7. Coordinating and participating in meetings to discuss Service Level Agreements with network providers
8. Proactively communicating the status, plan of action(s), and resolution(s) of network-related issues to management
9. Monitoring and reporting the performance of network components against KPI’s and takes preemptive measures to minimize interruptions
10. Ensuring all network-related applications are licensed
11. Ensuring system, applications, and user documents are regularly backed up
12. Ensuring network and applications security is maintained
13. Providing procurement and replacement plans for redundant network equipment for Head Office and Branch Offices
14. Monitoring and supervising Local Area Network access via cable and wireless technologies with the most suitable security applicable to banking standards
15. Working with FINCA’s global team to enforce approved network policy
16. Coordinating with FINCA’s information security team to implement and enforce approved security measures
17. Working with the project team to integrate approved solutions into the existing network setup
18. Maintaining the VOIP system at FINCA Uganda
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies
1. Excellent analytical skills
2. Good problem-solving skills
3. Excellent technical skills
4. Strong organizational skills and ability to work on own initiative
5. Good multitasking capabilities and team player.
6. Ability to work under pressure and to strict deadlines.
7. Strong interpersonal skills and customer service.