The Network Administrator will be responsible for designing, configuring and deploying fault-tolerant networks with security in mind. He/she maintains and monitors the Bank’s IT networks to ensure maximum uptime for users.
KEY RESULT AREAS/ DELIVERABLES: •
On daily basis, ensures high availability and acceptable levels of performance of mission critical data communication links by analyzing and monitoring uptime, throughput, latency, etc. -escalating problems to vendor
• Provides periodic reports on network availability to facilitate decisions on continuous service improvements.
• Designing and implementing new network solutions and/or improving the efficiency of current networks
• Secures network access by establishing connections and defining access policy rules; configuring secure protocols, VPN connections and keeping cyber-attacks at bay.
• Performs software upgrade and replacing faulty network hardware components when required. Ensures that the bank is not running obsolete equipment, technologies and software
• Maintains an updated inventory of all network devices used by the Bank.
• To manage backups of all systems ensuring that they run successfully and to manage rotation of backups to DRS for safe storage. Periodically tests the backups to confirm integrity and reliability.
• Suggests improvements on the network performance, scalability and capacity
• Continuously engages network service providers to ensure satisfactory services for the bank.
• Assist the end-user, other IT professionals, and external customers in requesting security variances and implementation of subsequent configuration change requests
• Identify and correct or advise, on operational issues with end users’ computer systems
• Monitor systems for any anomalies, proper updating, and patching. This includes issues raised by information security teams
• Maintains system documentation and configuration data for regulatory and audit purposes
EDUCATION AND TRAINING
•A minimum of a bachelor’s degree in Computer science, Information technology or related area.
• Certifications in CCNA/CCNP, CCNA security, ITIL, N+ will be an added advantage.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
• At least 2 years working of experience in a similar role in a reputable organization
• Demonstrated understanding of network implementation concepts including switching VLANs to segmentation, routing, IP sub-netting, access control lists, routing protocols, encryption, authentication, and/or IP packet forwarding
• Hands on experience with Next Gen Firewalls, Web Application Firewalls, Intrusion Prevention Systems, Identity Services Engine.
• Good conceptual understanding of OSI model layers.
• Good working knowledge and experience of computers, servers, virtualization, Linux and other operating systems
• Experience working with multi-vendor hardware such as Cisco, F5, Juniper, Mikrotik, Checkpoint
• Provide after-hours or weekend support when necessary to perform high-risk or planned downtime of PBU data center systems for upgrades and maintenance.
• Understands the business and can proactively see IT solutions to business problems.
• Ability to maintain good working relationships
• Ability to work longer hours.
• Positive, self-motivated individual who can complete tasks independently
• Proactive in wanting to make a difference
• Good presentation and report writing skills.
• A good team player
THE FOLLOWING DOCUMENTS SHOULD ACCOMPANY THE APPLICATION STRICTLY ONLINE:
• Detailed CV
• Certified copies of academic documents
• Applicants address and day time telephone contacts
• Postal/email address and daytime telephone contact of three referees of good standing in society one of which should be your current Supervisor.
MODE OF APPLICATION
Only online applications addressed to Chief HR & Admin Officer, Post Bank Uganda. Send application to firstname.lastname@example.org with job title as subject, accompanied with copies of relevant academic documents. Note: Only Shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Closing Date: 9th November 2021