The Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Officer will be responsible for the design, coordination and implementation of the monitoring and evaluation, research, and learning framework of the Project. He/she will develop a systematic monitoring framework to improve the qualitative and quantitative evidence gathered by the Project. He/she will also provide technical assistance to the implementing agencies, particularly in relation to monitoring, reporting and governance issues.
Other duties and responsibilities include;
• Ensure an appropriate monitoring and evaluation (M&E) system is in place and is functioning satisfactorily. Periodically review and revise the system so that it is adapted appropriately to changing operating contexts.
• Ensure relevant and timely M&E information is provided in user-friendly formats to key stakeholders, including beneficiary communities, CARE senior management and donors.
• Act as a focal point to organize and manage monitoring reviews, evaluations and/or After-Action Reviews
• Provide temporary support to the organization to establish baselines and set up M&E systems suited to the operating context.
• Provide training and mentoring for the organization staff. • Participate in a monitoring review, and evaluation of the projects