The Medical Officer will ensure delivery of quality HIV/AIDS care and treatment
services to clients by providing technical and leadership support to a health facility
• A Bachelor’s degree in Medicine and surgery.
• Postgraduate training in project planning and management will be an added advantage.
• Specialized training in HIV/AIDS management will be an added advantage.
• Active Registration with the Uganda Medical and Dental Practitioners Council required
• At least 2 years of HIV/AIDS/TB clinical experience.
• Experience in providing technical Assistance to large-scale HIV HSS interventions within MoH structures and systems.
• Comprehensive knowledge and experience in HIV/AIDS/TB management.
• Good working knowledge of HIV/AIDS/TB programs, strategies, processes, and techniques used to plan, develop, implement and evaluate results of HIV/AIDS programs.
• Excellent communication& interpersonal skills plus the ability to work effectively in a team.
• Knowledge of USG programming policies and regulations
• Understands client confidentiality and exhibits a high level of ethical conduct
• Has basic computer literacy including word processing, excel, the internet, and PowerPoint.
• Has basic knowledge on the use of point of care UgandaEMR.
• Provide leadership to facility-based technical team members to ensure timely delivery of key project tasks.
• Lead mentorship and training efforts to build the capacity of facility teams to deliver high-quality HIV/AIDS care services.
• Provide clinical care to HIV/AIDS patients attending IDI-supported health facilities in line with standard care and treatment guidelines.
• Coordinate appropriate referral and management of complex patients through liaison with senior care specialists and tertiary treatment centers.
• Lead performance monitoring initiatives and routine data use activities at IDIsupported health facilities to guide implementation of project activities.
• Support the health workers to identify, implement and document continuous quality improvement activities along with client care and treatment cascades.
• Coordinate and support facility efforts in the follow-up of clients to improve linkage, retention, and viral suppression rates among clients in HIV care.
• Support health facilities to compile and submit accurate HMIS and programmatic reports according to project, donor, and Ministry of Health timelines.
• Any other duties as may reasonably be assigned from time to time.