- Responsible for providing prudent credit risk analysis in the management of credit applications
- Ensure loan book quality is maintained at the prescribed level of provisions, portfolio at risk and non-performing loans.
- Evaluate & understand risk associated with individual transactions, products, securities, and the borrowers as well as the economies & industries they operate within.
- Monitoring the credit portfolio to ensure full compliance with the core principles of good lending enshrined in the Credit Policy, Banking Act, and BOU’s prudential guidelines and early recognition of problem credits so as to mitigate against credit risks within the Bank.
- Adopting and developing a network of strong partnerships with the Business and Business Support teams and other functions of the Bank, particularly decision makers and influencers
- Reviewing existing Credit Policies/Procedures/Templates/Models & Product Programs to ensure they are consistent with prudent & agreed credit practices and with external (Bank of Uganda) prudential guidelines.
- Ensure a consistent approach in assessing Credit Risk limits by developing/reviewing relevant risk assessment templates for use by the business.
- Visit/meet customers when required and further undertake project / business site visits, security inspections to better understand the related risks, and document visit reports with copies placed in credit files
Knowledge, experience and personal competencies:
- University degree preferably in accounting , Finance, Statistic, Economics, Management Proffesional qualification is an added advantages.
- 4 years’ experience in banking in the Credit/Marketing or relevant analysis experience
- Proven Credit Administration skills in implementation of diversified credit portfolio
- Ability to handle a diverse loan portfolio and credit applications.
- Ability to carry out financial analysis and having knowledge of the economy Computer knowledge in MS packages like Ms Excel, Ms Word.
How to apply
Applications should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 20th April 2022.