• Degree in Mechanical/Production Engineering. Postgraduate training in Technical/Business fields is an added advantage.
• Minimum of 3 years working experience in Lubes business, technical support & training, sales, and marketing environment
• Proven creative experience is a must
• Attention to detail &keenness to learn
• Good conceptual, innovative, computer, business writing, numeric and analytical, and decision-making skills.
• Must be innovative, self-driven, and result-oriented
• Work with Audit Team to ensure that all Lubricant sales procedures are saved and up to date
• Manage call & walk-in customer technical queries and deliver outstanding technical support.
• Field visits – customer field visits together with the LSEs to offer technical support such as product recommendations, lube charts, and surveys.
• Work with the GT LSE & Lubricants’ Trainer to organize technical seminars for key GT segments
• Conduct Root Cause Analysis of all claims lodged by customers relating to lubricants and negotiate on behalf of TOTAL on product claims arising from possible misapplications/quality shortcomings to determine company liability and recommending/rejecting the settlement of such claims.
• Manage ANAC rollout and relationships with Nairobi and Mombasa Laboratories to ensure timely feedback and Implementation of the possible actions.
• Instill confidence in TOTAL lubricants amongst customers.
• Spearhead the efforts to dialogue with the stakeholders like the government through UNBS to regulate the quality and standards of the lubricants on the market.
• Product Life Cycle Management i.e. monitors stock aging and ensures Zero expiries in the warehouse.
• Together with the LSEs and the trade marketer come up with creative strategies of liquidating the stock that is near expiry or re-certifying it.
• Follow up with the support of LSEs on the implementation of new business development ideas such as LINKS, DMS, TQAS, ANAC, LUBRILOG among others.
• Design and implement business support systems that indirectly foster business growth and optimize the current Business Applications like OMS, Verification system, E-lube, through the route to market channels.
• In conjunction with the lubes team at divisional and group levels, replicate the different systems and applications in the activities of the affiliate to support the lubes team to facilitate growth.
• In conjunction with the Communications team, ensure that the technical information on the TOTAL (U) Website and brochures is maintained up to date. Be a reference for any desired technical support for future publications.