Provide legal advice and litigation services to National Drug Authority
Duties and Responsibilities.
- Represent National Drug Authority in Courts of Law.
- Prosecute criminal cases arising out of the National Drug Policy and Authority
- Formulate defense and prosecution strategies for cases in which National Drug Authority has an interest.
- Liaise with and support external counsel in preparation for trial.
- Provide input in the development and implementation of enforcement and investigation procedures.
- Provide legal advice in respect of compliance with the National Drug Policy and Authority Act as well as all other laws of Uganda.
- Participate in the review of legislation governing the operations of the National Drug Authority and advise on areas for amendment.
- Draft legal documents and other legal correspondences
- Participate in workshops and seminars for capacity building and information sharing with stakeholders and relevant partners.
- Participate in performance/management review meetings and guide management decisions for continual improvement.
- Perform any other duties assigned by the supervisor from time to time.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Law (LLB) from a recognized University
- Post Graduate Diploma in Legal Practice from Law Development Centre
- A valid Practicing Certificate.