Full time, Fixed term
The Ministry of Health (MOH) with support from the United States Agency for International Development Government (USAID) invites applications from suitably qualified candidates to implement activities in line with its mandate in support of the public health response to HIV-AIDS and other health challenges.
This pool of human resources is expected to complement service delivery at selected regional referral hospitals and will be contracted by MOH on one (1) year renewable contracts subject to availability of funds and satisfactory performance of the staff.
Job Title: INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY OFFICER (5 POSITIONS)
Workstation: Regional Referral Hospital (Gulu, Jinja, Kabale, Mbale, and Mbarara)
Reports to: RRH Director
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or Statistics majoring in Computing from a recognized institution.
• S/he must have at least three years experience in IT administration and support, knowledge of networking protocols.
• S/he must have the ability to lead and train teams, excellent communication skills and strong troubleshooting skills, knowledge, and proficient use of MS Office Suite.
• Ability to prioritize and plan workload to ensure compliance with deadlines and timeframes.
• Ability to provide base training on corporate software & hardware, troubleshoot, and resolve software issues.
• Practical knowledge of computer operations and experience in supporting Microsoft operating systems and office applications, telecommunications equipment, and other ICT hardware.
• Knowledge, experience, and understanding of a networking IP environment.
• Ensure the existence of a current ICT policy that guides RRH facility operations and supported districts and establish long-term needs for the information system to promote the increased proliferation and ambitious application of ICT within the Institution and advises management on the appropriate ICT strategies.
• Providing technical support and guidance on all matters of procurement, utilization, and maintenance of ICT hardware and software to the Institution.
• Establishing and advising the Institution on technical installation, priorities, standards, procedures, management and telecom equipment and systems,
• Training staff in using ICT equipment and related software including use of electronic medical records and supporting teams coordinating continuing medical and professional development to deliver courses using ICT equipment such a video conferencing.
• In consultation with the MoH and facility M & E teams in generating a robust monitoring and evaluation system for ICT-related work including providing data capturing tools and enforcing their use.
• Maintaining confidentiality, security, and reliability of the information system as per ICT policy.
• Maintaining all Institution computer hardware and software in accordance with the established National Standards.
• Reviewing, designing, implementing, and maintaining sound Local Area Network and Wide Area Network systems for the Institution.