Job Title: HR & Administration Assistant
Sector: Administrative/General Office
Employment Category: Regular
Employment Type: Full-Time
Open to Expatriates: No
Location: Kampala, Uganda
Reporting to the HR & Administration Manager, the HR & Admin. Assistant is responsible for providing support to day-to-day HR & administrative functions of the HR & Admin. office.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist generally in the human resource activities for the national employees, as required.
- Support recruitment exercise including sorting, longlisting of applications, coordinate candidates’ invitations for interviews, drafting interview reports, creation of new staff personnel files, supporting in the induction processes.
- Update the existing personal files, ensuring that they all have the necessary information.
- Flights focal person-ensure that all the flights request-local and international are action in an efficient manner.
- In liaison with the HR & Admin. Manager, monitor staff movement to/from the field to the conference, to training, etc., and provide weekly updates (Travel calendars) to relevant staff.
- Ensure that support is provided in a timely and reliable fashion with all travel arrangements, conference venue bookings, meeting arrangements, accommodation booking for staff from other programs, and other official visitors.
- Maintain a calendar and schedule of visitors to IRC Uganda and submit monthly reports by the 2nd of every month.
- Draft and following up on office purchases and payment requests, informed by reviewing PR tracking sheets shared by the supply chain on weekly basis.
- Manage office supplies by receiving and making release orders.
- Participate in the development of quarterly procurement plans for the office.
- Prepare payment request vouchers for all utilities (electricity bills, water bills, newspapers, etc) including telephone bills.
- Under the supervision of the HR & Admin. Manager, compile, and submit MTN-CUG telephone numbers by the 20th of every month.
- Liaise with external staff to schedule and organize in-house and external events.
- Assist the HR department in organizing staff training sessions, workshops, and activities
- Support in processing Work permits and Visas for non-Ugandan staff.
- Support international staff to identify suitable housing, and ensure that all rent for the office and international staff is paid on time.
- Perform any other duties as required.
- University degree in Human Resources, Business administration, or any other related course.
- At least 2 years of experience in a similar position.
- Proven skills in administration and human resources management
- Strong organizational, interpersonal skills
- Good administrative skills
- Strong written and oral English communications skills
- Excellent computer skills including MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Must be able to work independently while being a strong team player.
- Strong skills in collaboration with multi-cultural and diverse teams
- A team builder with excellent people skills; must be culturally sensitive
Please note: The deadline for receiving applications is May 12th, 2021.
The IRC and IRC staff must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way – Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation.
We are committed to narrowing the gender gap in leadership positions. We offer generous benefits that provide an enabling environment for women to participate in our workforce including parental leave, gender-sensitive security protocols, and other supportive benefits and allowances. We welcome and strongly encourage qualified female professionals to apply.
All staff, regardless of role, are required to create a culture of client responsiveness by requesting and using client feedback data to make decisions. In addition, all staff is expected to demonstrate inclusiveness when making programmatic decisions and working with clients, partners, and colleagues from diverse backgrounds. You can read more about the IRC’s commitment to client responsiveness here: https://www.rescue.org/resource/client-responsiveness-introduction-and-faq
IRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.