dfcu Bank is a fast-growing Bank in Uganda offering a wide range of financial solutions to its chosen market segments. We are seeking to recruit a Head of Procurement in our Operations Domain to support our expansion strategy.
REPORTING TO: Chief Operating Officer JOB PURPOSE: Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer, the role holder will be responsible for the overall planning, management, and delivery of all Procurement functions in accordance with the Bank’s policies and procedures to achieve the Bank’s strategic objectives in an efficient and timely way.
• Lead on the delivery of the various Bank Procurements while optimizing the use of resources and maximizing benefits.
• Contribute to the development of and implement procurement policies and procedures to cover all procurement and logistics activities to deliver the procurement and action plan.
• Manage effectively the capital and operational expenditure within the budget set; in order to deliver savings against agreed targets.
• Develop and implement an approved supplier list, introducing vendor assessment techniques to measure performance and quality of supply.
• Effectively manage service providers to ensure that all procurements are delivered according to the agreed specifications and budgets.
• Coordinate and standardize procurement contracts in close cooperation with Legal (e.g. legal risk), Compliance (e.g. anti-corruption, AML), and Risk (e.g. ESG, IT risk, privacy risk) and Operations (Acc. Payable).
• Proactively anticipate, coordinate, and manage stakeholders’ procurement needs, identify potential crises, and devise contingency plans.
• Liaise with all functions to provide a consultancy service for specifications, evaluations, and awarding of all relevant contracts.
• Review Procurement services activities to identify points of service failures for corrective action to be taken in a timely manner.
• Set performance and development targets for staff, monitor, and give timely feedback.
• Manage and develop staff as well as foster a team approach by actively building strong working relationships both within the department and in dfcu.
• Act as Secretary to the Procurement Committee.
• Oversee robust contract administration and Supplier Relationship Management (Mature SRM Model).
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE, AND COMPETENCIES REQUIRED:
• Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Procurement, Economics, Statistics, or in a Business-related field.
• MCIPS or equivalent Procurement professional qualification.
• At least 7 years of working experience in procurement, contract, and supply chain management, 2 of which should be at a supervisory level.
• Experience with modern sourcing and procurement systems.
• Familiarity with relevant legislative and regulatory requirements as well as an understanding of standard contractual terms and conditions to mitigate legal risks.
• Knowledge of enterprise risk management and business continuity planning.
• Strong leadership skills.
• Excellent collaboration and communication skills.
• Solid operational management and general business skills and savvy.
• Working knowledge of finance and/ or accounting in terms of budgeting, cost management, financial accounting, risk management, etc.
• Strong negotiation skills.
• Analytical mindset, but also creativity to seek, encourage and find non-traditional approaches that have historically “boxed in procurement”.
• Excellent problem-solving and decision-making skills.
• Ability to work under pressure and in a fast-paced environment.
• Exhibit high integrity and ethical standards in accordance with our code of ethics & Business conduct.
If you believe you meet the requirements as noted above, please forward your application with a detailed CV including present position and copies of relevant professional/academic certificates (University Transcript, O & A level), by close of business on Tuesday 13th July 2021 to the email address indicated below Vacanciesbank@dfcugroup.com dfcu Bank is committed to giving equal opportunities in employment and aims to ensure that it does not discriminate against gender or race. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted through +256 312 300469.
Disclaimer: dfcu Bank does not solicit/accept payment in cash/kind from prospective candidates in exchange for shortlisting or job placement. Any candidate who engages in this kind of transaction is aiding and abetting fraud and will be automatically disqualified.