Provides overall support for the implementation of Pathfinder’s organizational compliance program and serves as the subject matter expert for organizational risk assessments and compliance training. Develops and advises on organizational strategies to ensure compliance with applicable US and international laws and regulations; donor requirements; and Pathfinder policies, procedures, and standards of conduct. Supports Compliance team in developing and maintaining reporting channels and overseeing misconduct investigations as appropriate.
Required Education, Training, and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required and minimum 5 years of experience
- 5 years of experience in compliance, legal, or audit
- Required experience in enterprise risk management, policy governance, and project or program management, in the private or public sector
- Prefer experience in international non-profit, including with regulatory and legal requirements of grants and contracts funded by USAID and foundations
- Prefer: Certified Information Privacy Professional (CIPP) certification or knowledge of the US and International privacy law
- Compliance Program Implementation: Provides overall support for the development and implementation of the Pathfinder compliance program, including risk identification and management, compliance training and communications, internal reporting, policy management, and integration of compliance into Pathfinder business processes.
- Risk Assessment and Mitigation: Conducts periodic risk assessments and develops risk management and mitigation plans to ensure compliance with applicable US and international laws and regulations; governmental and nongovernmental donor requirements; and Pathfinder policies, procedures, and standards of conduct. Assists with the implementation of risk management and mitigation plans. Supports Chief Compliance Officer, Internal Audit, and other stakeholders on the risk identification process. Supports the development of a risk dashboard at the organizational and country level.
- Policies and Compliance Training. Supports development and revisions of compliance-owned policies and regulations, including coordinating on rollout and provision of ongoing guidance. Develops training program and materials, ensuring donor rules and regulations are incorporated.
- Investigations and Compliance Issues: Ensures staff are aware of appropriate channels for reporting compliance issues and coordinates with Compliance Team on tracking compliance issues. Conducts data analyses to identify trends, patterns of misconduct, potential misconduct, and other threats to the workplace and recommend solutions for mitigation. Supports Compliance Team in overseeing and conducting investigations that might involve misconduct by employees, sub-awardees, agents, or vendors across Pathfinder offices by partnering with other Business Unit leads e.g. Internal Audit, HR, Procurement.
- Project Management and Participation: Leads, manages, or participates in cross-functional project teams. Supports compliance-related activities as requested.