Save the Children is developing a globally integrated digital campaign-based approach as well as growing our supporter giving through digital channels as main priorities in the current strategy.
This role sits within the Digital Public Engagement Team, a small and agile team, already working virtually before the pandemic, which provides strategic support and specialist technical guidance to our 27+ Members, most of them in Asia, Oceania, Europe, and the Americas. This team also focuses on reaching out to new audiences and non-member markets focusing on a list of key targets.
As the Global Digital Planner, you will have a busy and exciting role working with the Head of the Global Digital Engagement Team (50% time) as a digital project planner and coordinator, and to the New Markets Specialist (50% time) in the reporting, budget control, supporter engagement, and donor care areas.
This is a great opportunity to build upon a range of skills and gain excellent experience and knowledge while working in an international and multicultural environment.
The post holder works collaboratively with other roles within the Comms and Engagement Department as well as the Transformation Delivery Department, members, regional and country offices.
• Required: University degree in Digital Marketing, E-Commerce or related subject or other relevant professional qualification or experience
• Preferred: Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM), Institute of Fundraising (IoF), or Institute of Direct Marketing (IDM) qualifications or other equivalents would be an advantage.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
• At least 2 years of direct experience in implementing digital engagement/fundraising programs with revenue responsibility (ideally within an international NGO),
• Excellent skills in project management and using planning tools to be able to ensure timely delivery of projects.
• Proven track record of managing multiple projects and activities across several markets for an international organization.
• Exceptional written communication skills in English. High level of attention to detail. Copy proofreading experience.
• Solid understanding and hands-on experience developing supporters and donor development email marketing journeys using a marketing automation tool
• Strong stakeholder management skills, including the ability to inspire and mobilize people from diverse business areas, to deliver a coherent content strategy meeting multiple objectives
• Confident self-starter who can take the initiative to drive projects forward.
• Excellent interpersonal skills to build strong relationships across the organization. Capacity to build and maintain excellent relations and to work effectively in a multicultural and multi-ethnic environment respecting diversity
• Significant ability to work in a fast-paced environment and to adapt work plans flexibly depending on external opportunities.
• A willingness to travel to support relevant events as required
• Basic knowledge and experience using graphic design tools
• Experience using infographic and quiz makers
• Familiarity with content management systems. Proven work experience as a web editor.
• Strong IT skills particularly in Microsoft products
• Ability to articulate the work of Save the Children with a passion
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
1. Manage planning/strategic global digital projects
• Lead and coordinate multi-market digital campaigns and projects
• In coordination with Head of Digital Public Engagement, lead planning, and budget review processes.
• Support Head of Digital Public Engagement during the annual planning process in the development of business cases and budget proposals.
• Liaise with Fundraising, Digital, Brand, Media, Campaigns, Marketing, Fundraising teams at SCI, to create integrated work plans and reporting mechanisms.
• Coordinate in-person and virtual Skillshares and global benchmarking projects.
• Coordinate the digital engagement team during Humanitarian Emergencies and “Ride the Wave moments” (key moments identified through social listening and media review when our audiences are putting their attention into issues related to Save the Children’s mission).
• Support the digital team in other specific projects in agreement with the Head of Digital Engagement and supporting other digital roles occasionally during annual or sick leaves.
• Proactively pitch new digital projects/assets ideas and opportunities.
2 – Support our Non-member markets project
In close coordination with New Markets Specialist, help implement the strategy to drive sustainable semi-restricted and unrestricted income growth through digital channels in non-member markets. This would include:
• Managing the email donor and non-financial supporter’s journey, which includes identifying the right content (with support from our Creative Content Unit), email copywriting, managing the email approval process, and email campaign set up.
• In close coordination with StC US, the entity hosting non-member donors in their CRM, this role will ensure quality donor care.
• Edit donation and petition pages. Setting up redirections.
• In close coordination with Global Web CRO Specialist, manage the day-to-day relationship with Global Fundraising Platform developers and e-payment system provider.
• Help developing monthly, quarterly and annual reports. Provide assistance with interpretation of raw data, results, and/or compiled information from the CRM.
• Leading invoicing processes