This role is primarily responsible to provide technical oversight and supervision and ensure quality assurance to Plan International Uganda’s construction works to ensure that they are performed within the policies of Plan Inc., and the relevant standards, laws, and regulations. The incumbent shall provide technical support to all engineering-related work to ensure that the processes are followed for quality and timely results.
• A University degree in Civil Engineering/ Quantity Surveying
• A minimum of three years post qualification experience.
• At least three years experience working areas in the Humanitarian development field
• Excellent knowledge and demonstrated experience in the development of bills of quantities for various infrastructure development.
• Excellent knowledge and demonstrated experience in the management of big and multiple construction projects.
• Excellent skills in risk management and demonstrated the ability to manage audits
• Liaison with key stakeholders such as District Engineers in respect to the construction works,
• Institute processes and mechanisms for inspection and supervision of contractors’ works up to completion including the Defects Liability Period
• Represent Plan International Uganda at the kick-off of major constructions and during routine and non-routine meetings with contractors,
• Develop designs for different infrastructural projects including school constructions, latrines, health units, boreholes, in conformity to the specifications and the contract,
• Ensure quality and professional workmanship is done by the contractor, according to best building practices and the employer’s approval. Conduct verification/ assessment of school infrastructure needs in the districts
• Institute and execute mechanisms for supervision and monitoring of construction during the execution of construction/ civil works.
• Assess the quality of work and thereby approve each critical stage of construction work.
• Supervise contractors compliance with the Social Environment Action Plan (SEAP) as provided in the Construction Contract
• Provide cost control, valuing, and certification of works, including preparation of a detailed payment certificate, and recommendation of contractors payment
• Prepare final inspection, formal takeover, and certificate of completion to the contractor
• Prepare inception, monthly progress, and draft/ final completion reports.
• Follow up on any issues that may arise during the defects liability period.