High, secondary school
Under the direct supervision of the Fleet Assistant, the Full-time Driver will provide transportation support to the West Nile Program including field site offices, as well as visitors to IRC
• Minimum O- Level Certificate; A- Level Certificate an added advantage;
• Valid driver’s license with classes ”A, B, CM, CH, DL, and DM.”;
• Good driving record; Minimum four years driving experience;
• Knowledge of Codan radio equipment; Fluent in English;
• NGO experience; Kiswahili language skills and knowledge of mechanics preferred.
• Inspect and record the condition of the vehicle on a daily basis; prepare a weekly maintenance checklist.
• Ensure timely servicing and maintenance of IRC vehicles (complete service request forms and maintain service maintenance records); report to head driver any mechanical problems.
• Ensure vehicle is insured and all legal documents are in order at all times; inform fleet Assistant three weeks in advance of any renewals due (i.e. insurance, road license, etc.).
• Conduct daily assessments of road conditions and security situations.
• Drive IRC program staff in a safe and courteous manner to field sites across the district.
• Deliver mail/messages as directed.
• Operate HF and VHF mobile radio equipment.
• Maintain cleanliness of the interior/exterior of the vehicle.
• Give accurate reconciliation within the given period.
• Obey IRC vehicle policy and operating procedures at all times (use of logbook, no drinking and driving, signing out vehicle on vehicle registry, and so on).
• Assist the fleet assistant in loading cargo for road/air transport.
• Assist with other duties as assigned by the supervisor(s)