Advanced university degree (Masters or equivalent degree) in business or public administration, human resources management, finance, budget, logistics, information technology, or related area. A first-level university degree in combination with an additional two years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
• Over fifteen (15) years of progressively responsible experience in administration, human resources management, finance, budget, logistics, information technology, management, or related field is required.• A minimum of eight years of senior management experience with responsibilities in the budget, finance, and human resources management is required.• Experience with the provision of service delivery support to field operations is desirable.• Experience in providing administrative support to operations in conflict/post-conflict countries is desirable.• Experience in implementing administrative, financial, logistics, or information technology policies practices, and procedures of the UN system or another global international organization is desirable.• Experience in managing the delivery of centralized administrative services to a dispersed client base is desirable.• Experience in managing large teams in a multinational environment is desirable.
• Provides leadership and oversees the operations of the Regional Service Center in Entebbe.
• Assumes overall responsibility for implementing the mandate of the RSCE and sets the strategic direction to achieve the goals and objectives of the Center.
• Develops and implements, through collaboration with all stakeholders, the vision of service delivery offering services and solutions that are client-oriented, responsive, and allows for efficiencies wherever possible.
• Oversees the work of the Center’s organizational pillars and the provision of administrative support to RSCE staff and clients.
• Leads the provision of optimal service delivery while ensuring systematic improvement in the quality of services and cost containment.
• Leads the development and validation of performance management tools.
• Cultivates a culture of client orientation by systematically evaluating customer satisfaction and adjusting as necessary as well as ensuring responsiveness of Center staff to customer inquiries.
• Coordinates and oversees the preparation of reports, responses, and presentations to the legislative bodies, leadership of client entities and the Department of Operational Support as well as other stakeholders on achievements and performance of the RSCE.
• Ensures the development and implementation of the RSCE communications plan to deliver appropriate information to stakeholders and staff and obtain adequate feedback.
• Ensures development, preparation, coordination, and monitoring of overall work plans, strategies, and programs for the support activities of the Center.
• Assumes overall responsibility for the Center’s resources and administration and provides effective management of human, financial, and material resources of the RSCE. The Director, RSCE is responsible for the coordination of inputs for the RSCE’s budget submissions ensuring adequate provision is made to meet resource requirements. S/he represents the RSCE before legislative bodies, providing information and clarification in support of budget proposals.
• Provides overall guidance, performance evaluation, supervision, and mentoring to all RSCE staff.
• Coordinates and organizes meetings of the RSCE Client Board and Shared Services Steering Committee.
• Acts as a focal point for all sensitive personnel and management issues as well as for contacts with the Office of Internal Oversight Services and the Resident Auditor(s).
• Supervises the overall staffing at the Center.
• Represents the RSCE at high-level meetings, protocol, and ceremonial occasions, including vis a vis the host government authorities, the Resident Coordinator, and the UN Country Team.
• Liaises with relevant departments and offices at UN Headquarters to coordinate RSCE strategic and operational issues, including those arising from reform processes.
• Coordinates with the United Nations Office in Nairobi and the Kuwait Joint Support Office in the implementation of the RSCE business continuity plan.
• Performs other duties as required.
Applications submitted via Fuzu have a 32% higher chance of getting shortlisted. https://www.fuzu.com/signup