VIVA College is a privately owned modern school based in Jinja, at Mwiri Hill. It is an exciting and forward-looking learning institution that embraces a holistic education. It offers a UNEB curriculum using international best practices within the modern facilities covering the O & A level. The VIVA motto ‘Great Minds Shape the World’ is alive in everything we do. We are looking for an enthusiastic, committed, creative and dynamic Practitioner and Leader who is qualified for the vacant position to join the team.
Qualifications and Experience:
a) Applicant should hold a bachelor’s degree in Teaching or postgraduate qualification in teaching
from a reputable institution.
b) A master’s degree in business administration, management, or a related relevant qualification as an added advantage.
c) Possess a cumulative working experience in excess of over 10 years working with a reputable school.
d) Exposure to International Curriculum is an added advantage.
e) Science-based Teaching experience in Math, Physics & Chemistry (experience in any two).
f) Application of theory into practice.
g) Possess at least 5 years of working experience at the same level within an administrative / Management position in a reputable institution.
h) Must be a practicing teacher, teaching at least 2 subjects either at “O” or “A” Level 1)
i) Possession of working experience in managing student discipline will be an added advantage.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
a) Amicable personality.
b) Must be a person of high integrity.
c) Good computer knowledge/Computer Literacy is a MUST.
d) Excellent interpersonal and team player
e) Innovativeness, creativity, and flexibility.
f) Excellent effective communication skills
g) Exemplary teaching skills and a role model to the team
h) Solid Administrative knowledge and experience is critical
i) Good planning, problem-solving, and organizational skills.
j) Knowledge and experience in strategic planning/business development
Job application procedure
If you are an outstanding suitably qualified and interested candidate with relevant qualifications and experience, kindly use this link to apply:
ATTACHMENT: Please attach your application letter, CV, and Certified copies of your academic transcripts and other relevant documents in a SINGLE DOCUMENT. The document MUST be in PDF format and not more than 7 MB file size. Use your name as the document name.
a) Only Ugandan nationals should apply.
b) We need three (3) Professional referees.
c) The application deadline is Monday, June 07, 2021, at 5.00 pm.
d) Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
• Support the Principal to develop and execute the school strategies and plans.
• To head VIVA practical skills and innovation projects at the school.
• Promote the school philosophy, standards and maintain a vibrant atmosphere; Oversee staff compliance with school policies and procedures.
• Coordinate the students’ discipline and embed the school values amongst its stakeholders.
• Initiate and organize school co-curricular programs, sports, and cultural activities.
• Manage non-teaching staff work plans & performance to facilitate an efficiently functioning school;
• Manage non-teaching staff work plans & performance to facilitate an efficiently functioning school.
• Manage and maintain the school facilities in good state e.g., furniture, buildings & grounds; Coordinate school stakeholders to comply with school emergency procedures.
• Supervise security system& handle arrangements to access students at school premises.
• Establishes cordial working relationships with school stakeholders to promote the school image.