Reporting to the Manager Credit Control, the role holder will prepare all contracts relating to the Bank’s borrowing customers in a language that can easily be understood by either party, and in case of default, such contracts must be enforceable in the courts of law.
He /She will set out all terms and conditions under which the Bank is willing to make available to the customer the approved credit facility; providing advisory services to the business units.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE, and COMPETENCIES REQUIRED:
• Law degree from a reputable learning institution.
• Postgraduate Diploma in Legal Practice from Law Development Center Kampala. (LDC).
• In-depth knowledge of the principles governing Banking & Corporate Law, Land Law, Mortgages and Leasing, among others.
• Effective communication, good interpersonal and research skills.
• Self-motivation, result orientation with ability to make appropriate decisions as and when required.
• Administration or any other related field in credit administration.
• Two years’ experience in drafting credit agreements in a reputable institution/legal firm.
• Excellent understanding of operations of all Bank products.
• Attention to detail.
• Independence and with good judgment of task.
• Ability to deliver quality output within tight deadlines.
If you believe you meet the requirements as noted above, please forward your application with a detailed CV including present position and copies of relevant professional/academic certificates (University Transcript, O & A level), by close of business on Wednesday 2nd June 2021 to the email address indicated below:
• Preparation of loan documents for Commercial and Enterprise Banking borrowing customers in line with the Bank’s Approved Standard Formats.
• Ensure such Contracts are watertight and enforceable in Courts of law in case of default.
• Proofread and advise on standardized documents prepared by the Bank’s Legal department and external Lawyers – for accuracy and completeness.
• Offer advisory services to the Bank’s business units on all legal related issues on the different credit files as presented for the preparation of credit agreements; and as and when approached.
• Conduct regular security reviews, reconciling the physical security positions as reported by the Documentation team and tracking delays, renewals, and releases.
• Conduct periodical sensitivity and confirmation checks of validity of securities for deteriorating Business Banking and Consumer/Personal Banking credit facilities.