We are looking for a young person passionate about Youth-led development. You will work with a team to increase Restless Development Uganda’s visibility, enabling us to inform and influence our partners, government, and other actors. You will be highly creative and organized with strong skills across various areas of communications including social media, writing, video, editing, photography, event management.
Communications Plan Implementation (50%)
- With support from your team, develop and implement a 2-year communications strategy and annual plan to increase Restless Development Uganda’s visibility including:
- Social media (FB, Inst, Twitter, Blogs #WeAreRestless)
- Event management – National Youth Working Group, International Youth Day, Restless Values day, partner events,
- Media engagement incl press, TV, radio, online media, offline media, key influencers
- Youth Collective and Alumni engagement incl contact database management (CIVI
- Develop targets to track Restless Development Uganda’s visibility including website and social media engagement
- Sharing programmes outputs and research in creative ways with our audiences.
- Manage our brand, ensuring it is understood and used effectively by staff and helps achieve our goals and mission.
Content Development (25%)
- Working with the Programmes and M&E Teams and others, develop content including:
- Developing and editing videos to engage external stakeholders
- Photo library to include inspiring photos across all our work
- Ensure photo and video content is well maintained and stays updated across our channels.
- Generating, writing, and designing stories of change to share the impact of our work
- Lead production design and distribution of innovative and high-quality newsletters and annual reports to update external stakeholders
- Updating our website with new and relevant information
- Curate all content so it is easily accessible for relevant stakeholders
Internal Communications (20%)
- Be the link for the Restless Development Uganda Hub internally including
- Taking and sharing minutes of Board and CLT meetings
- Ensuring relevant information is accessible to all staff using Google drive
- Connect and share updates to and from other Hubs and International
- Track and share updates, trends, and innovation on youth development from Gov’t, UN agencies, donors, movements, and other key influencers to inform our work
- Editing documents for teams
- Sharing monthly internal updates including leadership and programmes
Required Knowledge, Education, Skills, and Abilities
- The applicant for the Restless Development Communications Officer job placement must have two years of work experience in communications
- Proven experience in coordinating communication projects from design to completion including evaluating the impact
- Excellent writing, editing, designing, and photography skills
- Ability to read, synthesize information to produce clear, well-written summaries
- Experience in video editing and design – ideally with experience in Adobe software
- Experience in maintaining a website
- Demonstrated social media experience at a high level
- Personal commitment to Restless Developments vision and values
- Passionate about Youth-led development
- Experience in working with emergency and development settings is required.
- University level degree
- Experience in developing and implementing communication plans including advocacy, media, and programmes
- Experience working in the Youth or International development sector
NB: Experience in working with emergency and development settings required.
How to Apply:
Please send a completed application form, https://restlessdevelopment.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/10/Application-Form-Communications-Officer-50-FTE.docx to firstname.lastname@example.org Please note that we DO NOT accept CVs, resumes, and Cover letters.
NB: We do appreciate your interest in working with us. However, due to a large number of applicants, only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted for interviews within two weeks after the deadline. Ladies and persons with physical impairments are strongly encouraged to apply.