Note: the incumbent will be home-based.
The UNDP Global Centre for Technology, Innovation and Sustainable Development (the ‘Global Centre’) aim to identify, co-design and share innovative and technological solutions for sustainable development through catalysing new insights, partnerships and action on the ground in the countries where UNDP works.
The Global Centre is a joint initiative of the Singapore Government and UNDP. Singapore Government partners include the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MFA), the Ministry of Sustainability and the Environment (MSE), the Economic Development Board (EDB) and the Public Service Division (PSD).
The Centre’s initial areas of focus are Sustainable and Digital Agriculture, Sustainable Finance, and Smart Cities and Digitalisation. The Centre leverages expertise in Singapore, as well as across the network of 60+ new UNDP Accelerator Labs, and from experts and partners around the globe. For each of our programmes we are connecting policymakers, practitioners, think tanks, leading private sector actors, entrepreneurs, civil society, and other stakeholders to build practical solutions that will create lasting impact through deep collaboration.
The objective of this role is to lead and deliver the communications and digital engagement strategy and implementation for the Centre’s programme areas.
The incumbent will be directly reporting to the Director of the Centre.
Min. Academic Education
- Master’s degree in communications, journalism, media or related field;
- A Bachelor’s degree with 2 additional years of experience may be accepted in lieu of a Master’s degree.
Min. years of relevant Work experience
- At least 2 years experience working in communications and media (for Master’s) or 4 years experience working in communications and media (for Bachelor’s).
Required skills and experience
- Demonstrated experience in producing various communications materials (press releases, talking points, blogs, human-interest stories, presentations, social media videos, brochures);
- Proven skills in design and multimedia;
- Experience managing social media channels.