Number of Positions: One (1)
Reports to: Project Coordinator
Working experience: At least three (3) years experience in a related field in a reputable organization
Duration of the contract: The contract is for 20 months.
Duty Station: Head Office, Ministry of Agriculture, Animal Industry and Fisheries, Entebbe with frequent travel to the field.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Assist the Project Coordinator to ensure compliance with the Project Implementation Manual (PIM).
2. Support the Project Coordinator to plan and execute project activities in a timely manner as planned in the PIM as well as regular Work Plans and Budgets (RWPB).
· Work under the Project Focal Person (PFP) to implement the project Components under the Ministry of Local Government
1. Support the Project Focal Person to mobilize the Ministry of Local Government staff to implement the project activities
2. Submit monthly reports of the project activities in the respective Ministries to the project coordination The unit as will be required from time to time. These reports should be approved by the Project Focal Person in that Ministry
3. Attend bi-monthly Project Coordination Unit meetings where sector activities are presented.
· Assist the Project Coordinator to organize human, financial and material resources to achieve the project objectives.
· Support the Project Coordinator to effectively manage, monitor, and evaluate project tasks, processes, budgets for the achievement of planned outputs.
1. Support the Project Coordinator to ensure good coordination with; the Ministry of Local Government, with the aim of facilitating project implementation, support supervision and evaluation missions and implementing recommendations agreed between the missions, sectors, and the PCU.
2. Assist the Project Coordinator to manage the internal and external communication and knowledge sharing of project objectives, activities, outputs, and impacts within the Ministry of Local Government
3. Support the Project Coordinator to prepare and submit mandatory monthly, quarterly, semi-annual and annual activity and financial reports.
· Support the project Coordinator to monitor and evaluate the project and prepare monthly, quarterly and Annual Performance Reports.
· Support the Project Focal Point to submit annual and quarterly workplans to the Project Coordination unit
· Any other Project duties as allocated by the project focal point and the Project Coordinator from time to time
Qualifications and Experience:
The candidate should hold an Honours Bachelor’s University degree in one of the following fields: Agricultural Sciences, Food Science and Technology, Project Management, Nutrition, Education, Health, Environmental Studies, Community Development, Commerce or related areas from a reputable university/institution. Good knowledge and understanding of the project area is an added advantage.
The candidate should have at least three (3) years’ experience in a related field with a reputable organization
The candidate should have the following competencies:
1. Demonstrate experience in either community development and research in this area or related field.
2. Ability to work with and coordinate the activities of a range of public and private agencies, at community, sub-county and district levels
· Ability to coordinate at multi-sectoral level, district, and community level
1. Ability to competently operate various computer-based word-processing software, spreadsheets and internet
2. Excellent communication skills, including report writing
3. Ability to work independently, and produce accurate work in a timely manner
· Attention to detail