The Advocacy and Communications Officer will contribute to SRHR Alliance Uganda’s vision and strategies focused on advocacy and communication. Working with the Advocacy and Communications Coordinator; the Officer is responsible for supporting the designing and implementing communication strategies and contents that can influence policy change as well as social behavior change among young people.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Support the development and review of the SRHR Alliance Uganda’s Communication and advocacy strategies.
- Manage and regularly update the SRHR Alliance Uganda’s online platforms including social media, websites and related platforms.
- Support the design and implementation of joint advocacy and SBCC campaigns in partnerships with members, consortiums, coalitions, and technical working groups to which the SRHR Alliance Uganda is a member
- The officer shall represent SRHR Alliance Uganda in relevant advocacy platforms and forums ad delegated by the supervisor.
- Support the drafting and updating of SRHR Alliance Uganda’s publicity and SBCC materials such as brochures, blogs, website, opinion columns, in-house magazine, case studies, articles, reports, and any other documentation required for communication and advocacy purposes.
- Support capacity building on different aspects of advocacy and communication for the SRHR Alliance Uganda’s members, Affiliate partners, and young people
- Any other duties as assigned by their supervisor
The Communications and Advocacy Officer should have experience in implementing organizational advocacy and communication strategies. The person should demonstrate experience in coordination communication and advocacy activities in NGO-related contexts. The person should have a results-oriented approach and proposes ways to innovate and continuously improve our communications products, practices, channels, and messaging.
Essential skills and experience
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field (e.g. Journalisms, health communications, humanities, or related field);
- At least 2 years working experience of related advocacy and communication employment/assignment
- Track record in writing and editing articles, website content, reports, and press releases;
- Ability to quickly understand and absorb new topics, issue, and disciplines and distill relevant advocacy strategies from them;
- Ability to deliver oral presentations to various audiences;
- Excellent communication and project management skills; team player and facilitator;
- Excellent command of written and spoken English and able to operate in two or more local languages;
- SRHR Alliance Uganda offers an attractive and competitive package based on experience and expertise.
- We are an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against an individual on any basis and grounds.
- Young people are encouraged to apply.
How to apply
To apply for the post, please send a letter of application stating your motivation and the skills that you would bring to this specific post along with your resume / CV by email to email@example.com, stated “Application for the position of “Advocacy and Communication Officer” in the email subject line.
Submission deadline: 30th June 2021 before 5: 00 pm