Makerere University, Kampala is Uganda’s largest and oldest institution of higher learning, first established as a technical school in 1922. It became an independent national university in 1970. Today, Makerere University is composed of nine colleges and one school offering programmes for about 36,000 undergraduates and 4,000 postgraduates.
Provide administrative and secretarial services to the Unit
- Provide secretarial services;
- Receive and attend to all incoming and outgoing mails;
- Receive and answer all telephone calls;
- Maintaining the filing system in the Unit;
- Supervise the cleaning and arrangement of the Centre;
- Provide custody of stationery and office equipment for the office;
- Supervise support staff;
- Perform any other related duties assigned by the Head of the Unit.
Required Knowledge, Education, Skills, and Abilities
- Either Diploma in Secretarial Studies or Office Management from a recognized Institution.
- Or UNEB Certificate stages 1, 11 &111 or its equivalent from a recognized Institution.
- Ability to handle clients in a courteous manner;
- A team player with a good interpersonal manner;
- Good communication skills;
- Proficiency in using MS Office with a typing speed of at least 40wpm;
- Time management.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should follow the link below
Deadline: 1st September 2021