The Administrative Assistant will undertake administrative functions on behalf of management to manage and control institutional resources and stakeholder interests.
- To handle the day-to-day communications for the executive director or managerial employees in the organization
- Maintain and upkeep office equipment and furniture
- Follow through on maintenance agreements and contracts
- Ensure timely payment of utility bills
- Prepare order and maintain office supplies
- Organize meetings between staff and other partners
- Maintain calendars, schedules and coordinate travel arrangements
- Prepare and distribute minutes of meetings and keep management informed of activities in the field
- Prepare and distribute correspondence
- Prepare, issue and reconcile fuel voucher
- To operate as the organization’s gatekeeper because almost everything crosses her desk first
- To answer calls, take messages and schedule staff and management meetings
- To open and sort mail and deliver it to the appropriate personnel
- To respond to email inquiries or route them to the appropriate department
- To create draft communications for the executive officers overview
- To maintain electronic and paper filing systems for administration of the organization
- To keep the office organized and running efficiently
- To Manage Office equipment such as printers, cameras, Computers, projectors and copiers that fall under her purview.
- To handle office equipment failures and calls repair technicians.
- Any other duties as assigned by the supervisor and/or management
Required Knowledge, Education, Skills, and Abilities
- Diploma in office administration from a recognized/ reputable institution.
- Bachelor’s degree in Office Management, from a recognized and reputable institution is an added advantage.
- Fluent spoken and written English
- Good communication skills and positive attitude to team work
- Good computer skills in MS office and Basic internet applications.
- Supply Management and Inventory Control
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to represent and report writing skills.
- Advanced computer skills in Ms Word, Excel, Power Point presentation, Creating forms, org charts, mail merges, labels, name tags, charts and graphs, pivot tables, presentations with animation and sound.
- Ability to work under pressure with minimum supervision.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates are encouraged to submit in single PDF their cover letter, CV and CERTIFIED copies of academic documents addressed as below to: firstname.lastname@example.org with copy to email@example.com