High, secondary school
Full time, Fixed term
The Administrative Assistant will support general administrative and clerical support including preparing letters and documents, receiving and sorting mail and deliveries, scheduling appointments. The successful candidate will be required to work with cross-functional teams within the organization across the country. This is a full-time position based in Hoima, Uganda. *This is a Zonal position. Applicants based in the district or neighboring districts of the respective ICYD Zonal office should apply.
Minimum of a Secondary School Certificate. Certificate/Diploma in HRM, LGM or BA or other diploma or degree in a related field will be preferred.
Skills and Experience:
- At least 2 years experience in a similar position;
- Should have professional demeanor;
- Excellent English skills (oral and written);
- Ability to demonstrate the highest degree of confidentiality;
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team-oriented setting;
- Working knowledge of standard office equipment, fax, scanner, and photocopier;
- Demonstrated experience using Microsoft Office Suite applications including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint preferred. Computer literacy is required;
- Must be able to work within a cross-cultural setting, negotiate diplomatically, and function well under pressure;
- Flexibility in working hours and ability to work under pressure.
- Supports general administrative and clerical support including preparing letters and documents, receiving and sorting mail and deliveries, scheduling appointments;
- Photocopy, scan, and fax documents as necessary;
- Maintain up to date tracking and filing system of relevant correspondence, incoming and outgoing;
- Manage the telephone and fax systems and notify any failure or problems to the supervisor for remedial action;
- Receive and attend to, in a professional manner, all office visitors;
- Manage the official Notice Board and display official communications and promotional information in an attractive manner;
- Maintain the boardroom calendar;
- Serve as a back-up to the Office Assistant in the management of the stock of office supplies and ensure delivery to staff using the appropriate forms or documents;
- Make logistical arrangements for in-house meetings (meals, conference room bookings, supplies, etc.);
- Actively participates in Collaborative, Learning, and Adapting (CLA) processes in place within the project; and
- Other tasks and duties are relevant to the position as assigned by the Supervisor.