The Administration Officer will be responsible for supporting the coordination, facilitation, and management of Company initiatives and operations geared towards ensuring effective, smooth, and results-oriented corporate administration.
- Support the implementation and monitoring of corporate Administration policies, systems, and procedures in the Company
- Support Management’s efforts to ensure that all the Departments and Offices of the Company are administratively and operationally facilitated to execute their functions in a timely manner at all times.
- Ensure effective custody, use, and accountability of all Company assets within his/her mandate.
- Participate in the preparation of annual work plan and budget and monitor utilization to ensure value for money in all sectional transactions.
- Ensure the general cleanliness of the Company’s Head Office premises and project office sites, with a view to guaranteeing a clean and hazard-free working environment.
- Serve as an operational link between Service Providers and Company Management on all matters of office administration and maintenance and monitor their effective operations and profitability.
- In liaison with the Head of Section, support the enforcement of administrative rules, regulations, and procedures in the Company.
- Support the Head of Section in Management of Company office premises, assets, office support operations, and supplies.
- Oversee Fleet/transport and Security Management functions including use and maintenance of vehicles and management of third-party security firms and offer related support to Company business operations.
- Supervise the provision of general administrative and logistical support to the Company ensuring optimal utilization of resources.
- Prepare and submit monthly and periodic reports of the Section’s activities
- Manage and develop section staff professionally as part of performance management practice.
- Perform any other duties as may, be assigned from time to time, by the Head Human Resource and Administration.
Required Knowledge, Education, Skills, and Abilities
- The applicant must hold a Bachelor’s degree in any of the following areas; Bachelor of Arts (Social Sciences), Bachelor of Business Administration (Majoring in Management), Bachelor of Public Administration, and Bachelor of Social Work and Social Administration or a closely related discipline from a recognized University/Institution.
- Possession of a Post Graduate Diploma in Public Administration or Human Resource Management or a closely related field obtained from a recognized institution shall be an added advantage.
- Proficiency in the application of MS Office Package (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook) and related packages is essential.
- Relevant working experience of three (3) years, as an Administrative Officer or in a similar position, in a large and reputable public or private sector organization.
- Experience in working with the public, or private sector organizations in housing-related projects, or programs, shall be an added advantage.
- Maturity, high level of ethics, integrity & Credibility
- Analytical, problem solving, negotiation skills.
- Good presentation and reporting skills.
- Good negotiation and communication skills.
- Ability to deliver high-quality outputs with minimal supervision
- Ability to work under tight deadlines
How to Apply:
All candidates should send their applications indicating the position being applied for and accompanied by detailed Curriculum Vitae, copies of Academic certificates, evidence of relevant working experience & contacts of three professional referees should be addressed to; The Chief Human Resource Officer, National Housing & Construction Company Limited, Plot 5, 7th Street, Industrial Area, P.O. Box 659, Kampala, Uganda. Or Email to email@example.com. (All applications via email must be sent as one document, not more than 10 MBs)