The Accountant will provide financial services that support decision-making by collecting, analyzing, investigating and reporting financial data in accordance with tile relevant laws and laid down procedures.
- Prepare monthly and annual financial statements of accounts and cash flows.
- Reconcile bank statements with cash books to iron out discrepancies.
- Inspect and cause the periodic auditing of the books of accounts cl the Council, ensuring that they are in good order, as well as answering audit queries and inquiries.
- Prepare and present budget proposals and audited financial reports to the Council.
- Collect and ensure banking oi all fees, penalties and levies by the Council in accordance with the law.
- Responsible for processing payments to suppliers, including staff salaries and allowances, and channeling them to their accounts.
- Prepare remittances to pension schemes and taxes, among other voluntary and involuntary payments.
- Keep custody of all financial documents of the Council and maintain updated books of accounts in a computerized system, in a way that safeguards the assets and ?nances of the Council.
- Generally, manage or cause to be managed the ?nancial affairs of the Council in a competent and transparent manner in accordance with accounting principles and the law.
- Any other duty that may be assigned from time to time.
Required Knowledge, Education, Skills, and Abilities
- The applicant must EITHER hold an Honors Bachelor’s Degree in either Commerce (Accounting option) or Business Administration (Accounting option) or Business Studies (Accounting option} or Finance and Accounting from a recognized Institution OR: Full professional qualification in Accountancy such as ABBA, CPA, ACIS and CPE obtained from a recognized awarding institution/body accredited by ICPAU from a recognized Institution.
- At least three years’ relevant work experience in Government or a reputable organization in financial Management
- Communication and interpersonal skills
- Proficiency in information Technology
- Ethics, Integrity and Con?dentiality
- lime management
- Working as part of a team
- Organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to re?ect on one’s own work as well as the wider consequences of ?nancial decisions.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates with the right attitude should submit soft copies of their applications, supported by detailed CV and certified copies of academic and professional documents to:
The Secretary, Media Council of Uganda,