Who knew 10 years ago that you’d crave a piece of very well fried chicken and boom it would be delivered to your doorstep. None, right? It’s no doubt that the world is getting ‘smarter’ and you could argue that it is in a sense getting smaller. Like it or not, we are not being left behind. Periooddtt!!, technology seems to be shrinking things while bringing services closer.
We, therefore, decided to take advantage of the evolution with a bid to better service provision you young people. Can we hear some amen louder by people from the back?! The USSD platform has also been added to cater for everyone including those using feature phones, “Kabiriti”.
If you have not dialed *284*15#, here are 4 reasons to make you change your mind and check it out immediately:
1. Shoulder to lean on: Yes, you heard right. We all need that shoulder to cry on. A rant buddy or bestie that’s always there to hear your wows. Imagine you can have this person just near you with the platform’s referral system. Using this platform, you can halla and be linked up with a counsel to advise you on Sexual Reproductive Health challenges.
2. Get it when you need it: Have you or a friend been a situation where you needed a condom or any contraceptive like an emergency pill but either couldn’t or feared to get one? Worry not fam, because this platform gotcha in every sense. Do you know how cool it is that you get the directions to the nearest center to receive all these and more? Cool, right? and did I mention delivery? Check out the next point.
3. Drugs and Delivery: Imagine the most trained health professional at your fingertips to give you the best prescriptions. Only this time around, it is a dedicated team to deliver drugs like the ARVs at your doorstep. Of course, you can trust their discretion. These are trained health care professions and you are a code away from having exclusive access to them. Thank us later!
4. Know You better: Get to know your HIV/status as fast as fast can be. I can’t stress this enough but, It is important to know your health status at all times. This helps you to keep healthy and also protect the people you love. The USSD gives links you up with professional doctors in health centers near you to offer you SRHR services.
Have we convinced you to dial *284*15? Well. We hope we have because it worked quite fine for many so far and I highly recommend you check it out.
This is a product of Reach A Hand Uganda with support from the Government of Uganda through UNFPA Uganda.
- * We, therefore, decided to take advantage of the evolution with a bid to better service provision you young people. Can we hear some amen louder by people from the back?! The USSD platform has also been added to cater for everyone including those using feature phones, “Kabiriti”.