Post- SENIOR ASSISTANT SECRETARY
Terms of Employment-
Vacancies – 7
Reference- HRM 62/70/01
Minimum Age- 25
Minimum Qualification Applicants should be Ugandans holding an Honours Bachelor’s Degree in Arts, or Social Sciences, or Development Studies, or Social Work and Social Administration, or Management Science; or Law; or Commerce (Management option); or Business Administration (Management option) or a related field from a recognized University/Institution. Applicants should possess an Administrative Officer’s Law Course Certificate plus a Post Graduate Diploma in Public Administration; Management; Development Administration; or a related field from a recognized awarding Institution. Working Experience Applicants should have a minimum of three (3) years of relevant working experience at the Assistant Secretary Level in Government or an equivalent level of experience from a reputable organization.
The incumbent will be responsible to the Principal Assistant Secretary for performing the following duties:-
– Taking Minutes of Senior Management meetings;
– Assisting the Principal Assistant Secretary in managing Protocol affairs;
– Providing administrative support to the Ministry or Department;
– Acting as a link between Ministry or Department and Parliament;
– Ensuring the maintenance of assets and facilities;
– Ensuring the availability, proper use and maintenance of utilities;
– Participating in the organization of the national functions
– Appraising and supervising subordinate staff;
– Any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.