Save the Children is currently recruiting a Community Health Officer for a 5-year USAID-funded program in Uganda. The purpose of the program is to facilitate government-led leadership and enhance sustainable multi-sectoral coordination to accelerate gains in nutrition, maternal, new-born, and child health outcomes. The Community Health Officer will be responsible for day to day technical and logistical assistance to local urban health authorities and health governance mechanisms to improve knowledge and positive practices related to MCH and nutrition for the urban poor and strengthen linkages between communities and health facilities to advance gains in utilization of MCH and Nutrition related services among the target audience. S/He will work closely with the Division Health Offices and, CSOs and consortium partners to conceptualize, integrate and operationalize SBC related activities to improve demand and uptake Maternal, Newborn, Child Health and Nutrition services among urban-poor populations.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in implementation of public health interventions similar with a focus on Urban health programming.
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge of maternal and child health programs and policies in Uganda
- Must have strong organizational skills and ability to work with diverse teams across the organization.
- Excellent skills required in program design, reporting, documentation, monitoring and evaluation.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to lead and work effectively in team situations
- Experience in working with external stakeholders with good knowledge of Uganda’s urban health system and structures
- Must be creative individual with strong sense of vision, commitment and priorities
- Advanced proficiency in computer packages such as Microsoft Office, particularly Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
- Excellent analytical (qualitative and quantitative) and communication (written and verbal) skills.
Please apply using a cover letter and up-to-date CV as a single document. Please also include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at www.uganda.savethechildren.net/careers
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.